Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eight of us went to Coyote Creek at Detroit, Texas on a hog hunt. We killed 11 hogs and could have killed more, but ran out of room in the ice chests.:smack: The biggest two were 220 and 213 with everything else between 120 to 190 except for the little one that I took to smoke whole. We really enjoyed the ranch and Donnie is a top notch host. I would highly recommend this hunt to everyone. The hog that I shot attacked my brother in law and threw him in the air and began rolling him around in the pasture before he shot him with a revolver. It charged me and another guy and fell dead at our feet. Talk about an adrenaline rush. I couldn't tell whether it was the hog or my brother in law squealing more. The sow left some pretty good marks and bruises on him but no stitches required. The next morning he was some kind of sore. Here's some pics of our hunt and I'm sorry, but some are a little bloody.

·
Premium Member
9,137 Posts
Was that TK or Mike in that last pic? :thumb:

Great pics and glad y'all have such a successful and eventful hunt!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is $250 if you bring your own food. Everything else is provided. If you want his help to clean your hog, that's $25 more. We told him that we would clean our own hogs, but I'm glad he still brought his help, because we let him clean them all except for the little one. He has a new website www.texashogsandrams.com

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
It is $250 if you bring your own food. Everything else is provided. If you want his help to clean your hog, that's $25 more. We told him that we would clean our own hogs, but I'm glad he still brought his help, because we let him clean them all except for the little one. He has a new website www.texashogsandrams.com
I was about to ask about cleaning them. Wear a few knives out in a hurry with all those pigs

·
Registered
287 Posts
Cool story and pic's. Were is Detroit, TX.? I have hunted in TX several times and have never heard of this town.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It is between Clarksville and Paris. When you get to New Boston, take hwy 82, Cr 1245, and then Cr 1270, then Pr 5010. It's a little over an hour from Texarkana.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts