Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to adjust the scope on my slug gun (870 fully rifled barrel shooting Remington Copper Solids) when I went to the range last weekend.
OUCH!

Stopped by Sportsman's Whse to stock back up on slugs at lunch today... 3 boxes, 15 slugs altogether, $47.97 before tax.
OUCH!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
18,385 Posts
No kidding on the !!!!ouch!!! with ammo. Makes me glad I've got what I do in reserve. I am truly dreading purchasing turkey ammo next spring. Hopefully I've got enough to get me through another year or two.

I really am glad I'm not a duck hunter! Those guys are going to really feel the pinch this year.

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hobbs, what type 100 yard groups do you get out of that combination?:head:
I'd say you can cover the group with a 3" diameter circle.
I've never seen a gun so fussy. The other 3 slugs I tried were more like paper plate groups.

I'd be interested in trying some of the newer slugs, but at these prices, I'll stick with what I know works.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
I shoot Lightfield Commander IDS's out of my 870 and they group awesome- 3 shots, 1 big hole at 50 yards.

As for the recoil, I put a Boyds thumbhole stock on mine and it helped a whole bunch

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.