Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that was a spankin'

I guess that's why they're #4. We didn't play completely horrible, they were just better.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Yeah, a BEATDOWN.. I'm hopin in a few years, we will be the one's smashing quality teams while ranked in the top 10

·
Registered
23,356 Posts
The first half was pretty good, but that second half man did they ever go cold. They couldn't have fell out of a boat and hit water and another thing they could have played a little better defense. When you have a player as hot as JaJuan Smith you've got to do a better job of denying the ball, that kid got so hot I think he even made a couple of them Micheal Jordan/Larry Bird commercial shots.

I also think they played better without Beverly it seemed to me they may have been trying to hard to get him involved rather than doing what worked for them in the first half. I'm not sure we've got the talent right now to beat a team like Tennessee on the road but it should have been a closer game than it was. JMO

·
Super Moderator
9,418 Posts
Yeah, all I can say is TN is really good!!!! :eek:

And did anyone else think the refs didn't call the game fair at all? I mean they called that one charge on Thomas, and it wasn't a charge, and I agree with pel on the T on that one! Then the next play, their player was out of control and runs over Beverly, who was set, and they called a block. I didn't think the calling was fair at all.

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
I thought a lot of things could use some work, like the officiating for example!

But seriously, Tennessee really is that good. And we had a lid on our bucket there towards the last. If you don't put the ball through the net, nothing good happens.

·
Premium Member<br>2010 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
6,049 Posts
All we need is guards guards guards- I like Pel but man I hope he has some guards coming in! How bad was the beating I couldnt watch it last night:smack:

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
that was a disappointing loss but tenn is really good. when they get hot they are tough to beat. the officiating was questionable at best. i have seen some poorly, imo at least, called college bball games this year. did anyone catch the end of the gtown/nova game the other night? they called a touch foul on nova with 0.1 second left in a tie game. horrible call.

here is hoping the hogs bounce back against ms st on saturday.

·
Registered
100 Posts
It's hard to beat anybody when you shoot 39% from the field much less a hot Tenn. team. It's also not good when the other team shoots 37 free throws. Hopefully they'll be good to go this weekend. Arkansas had a lot to gain from that game but didn't have as much to lose because they were expected to lose anyway. It just makes the next few games more important.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Also, Tenn. will have some interesting games coming up the 23rd against memphis and 26th against vandy. Both should be great games to watch.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Also, Tenn. will have some interesting games coming up the 23rd against memphis and 26th against vandy. Both should be great games to watch.
I think Tenn. will win both of those too. The Hogs were beat by a much better team. Probably the best playing team in the nation right now. 97% of the time it happens like that. Ain't no shame in the Hogs game. They'll win several more this year before the regular season is over...And if they're not a 14 or 15 seed in the Big Tourney in March, they will probably win 2 games there.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I switched Channels when it was obvious the game was over which was about 10 minutes left in the game. I like watching the Hogs win but last night was not fun. I channel surfed until I got to Cspan. They were having the Roger Clemens hearings. I thought he came across pretty good. The paper headlines this morning made it sound like he got a beating. No way. That weasel who was his trainer looked as believable as a used car salesman.

·
Registered
11,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I thought a lot of things could use some work, like the officiating for example!

But seriously, Tennessee really is that good. And we had a lid on our bucket there towards the last. If you don't put the ball through the net, nothing good happens.

Almost as bad as the refs in the girls Rutgers/ Tenn game those nappy headed..............uh they got ripped.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts