Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess this is about the only thing that I really don't like about it. On my main 200 acre spot, we don't do the doe hunt. Me and my buddy just keep it for bow hunting only. With the execption of the youth hunt and the first weekend of gun season. Nearly 1000 acres around me is no hunting period. I hate having to wear the orange knowing that there is not another sole around that cld ever touch me with a bullet.

Many of you will prolly say that you just never know and that is right. But, we are bordered on all side by Forrest Wood and family. No hunting is ever allowed on them. Ever.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The camo orange is not that bad. But about the deer not noticing it, false. You put a 330lb guy in any solid color with a backdrop of leaves and limbs and it is noticable. It is a lot easier to pick out movement of a solid color in close range, 20yrds or so. Weary does will bust camo movement that close. Even more with a solid on.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
The camo orange is not that bad. But about the deer not noticing it, false. You put a 330lb guy in any solid color with a backdrop of leaves and limbs and it is noticable. It is a lot easier to pick out movement of a solid color in close range, 20yrds or so. Weary does will bust camo movement that close. Even more with a solid on.
You leave your orange on when you're in the tree?

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jenny Craig says she knows how to eliminate some of that "solid color" issue...
You leave your orange on when you're in the tree?
Well then I think you just shouldn't go
Jenny Craig fired me years ago. I was a spokes model but I kept regaining my weight. They hired Kirstie Alley to replace me. I'd say they had a big win there.

I used to take my orange off after I got in the stand but now just leave it on. I think it is a better example for my kiddos to do whats right. Plus I have a good friend that is a GW. I wouldn't want to put him in that place of deciding whether or not to write me up or not. Much respect for that fella.

Not go?? Not an option. I just havn't complained in a while so I started this thread.

·
Registered
15,069 Posts
Jenny Craig fired me years ago. I was a spokes model but I kept regaining my weight. They hired Kirstie Alley to replace me. I'd say they had a big win there.

I used to take my orange off after I got in the stand but now just leave it on. I think it is a better example for my kiddos to do whats right. Plus I have a good friend that is a GW. I wouldn't want to put him in that place of deciding whether or not to write me up or not. Much respect for that fella.

Not go?? Not an option. I just havn't complained in a while so I started this thread.
Oh I did not see the rant disclaimer, carry on sir.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.