opinions wanted

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by shady grove, Dec 13, 2012.

1. What in your opinion is the best rest on the market?

2. Alpha

Alpha Member On Double Secret Probation

Ripcord code red!

3. RC

RC Well-Known Member

4. Veo

Veo Super Member<br>2012 Turkey Contest Winner

Don't think you can go wrong with a QAD, Rip Chord, or Apache, have used all 3 of these and like them a lot. Just whatever you do stay away from the biscuit, ha.

5. Rusty Crawford

Rusty Crawford Well-Known Member

x2

6. RC

RC Well-Known Member

What is wrong with the biscuit? Nothing mechanical on it so its one less thing i have to worry about failing.

7. bmccullough1

bmccullough1 Well-Known Member

Good question! My bow came with a Rip Chord and I not liking it so much. I have been thinking about a biscuit.

8. arfbfan

arfbfan Well-Known Member

The $60 QAD, have had it on my Z7 for 3 years. Can't tell any difference than the $130 one I had on an Alphamax before that.

9. Veo

Veo Super Member<br>2012 Turkey Contest Winner

Anything that makes contact with your fletchings is not good IMO. I'm not saying they won't work, because obviously they will, but you are selling yourself short with one. There are other non-mechanical rest that do not contact your arrow.

10. meatgravy

meatgravy Well-Known Member

pulaski
  11. The Iceman

The Iceman Member<br>2012-13 Bowhunting Contest Winner

Thats what i shoot ... ive had all but the limb driver, at least twice. I use to laugh at a biscuit. 3 seasons now, aint lookn back.

12. Nat1

Nat1 Well-Known Member

x3

13. davglo35

davglo35 Super Member<br>2015 Spring Turkey Team Contest Wi

I shot the bisquit for years. Had good luck with it. Got an Octane Tripwire fall away a couple years ago. Fastest fall away on the market. My accuracy improves dramaticaly and its tough as nails. I absolutely love it.

14. dwill3211

dwill3211 Well-Known Member

15. Elliottc

Elliottc Well-Known Member

I'm with everyone that said ripcord code red, all I use

16. Stoo

Stoo Well-Known Member

I won't use anything other than a limb driven rest. I think it is the best option available. I was using a Vaportrail Limbdriver ProV, It is a great rest for 3D but had a problem with the cord contacting my quiver mount for hunting season. I now have a Trophy Taker Smackdown which can attach to the bottom limb. It has been working fine so far.

17. airmaster

airmaster Well-Known Member

qad, and im liking trophy ridges revolution.. wb's have their place too, i guess...

18. arkansas-bowhunter

arkansas-bowhunter Well-Known Member

Limb driver! The arrow makes less contact with this rest. Reason being is this rest drops down faster than most.