Opinions on Which All-Terrain Tires

Discussion in 'ATV's and Motorcycles' started by WinchesterModel70, Dec 11, 2012.

1. I'll be in the market pretty soon for some new tires. Currently running Bridgestone Dueler AT's but am thinking I want something with a little bit more aggressive tread pattern. I don't need mud tires, just a good AT. Size is 265/70/18. Road noise is at the top of my list, followed by good treadwear.
    I have looked at the Cooper Discoverer ATP through DiscountTire.com and they seem like a good fit for what I'm looking for and the price is right. Anyone have any input on these or anything else I might consider? Thanks!

2. BFG all terrains.

Quiet.... and I've got 100K out of sets in the past.

3. DHunt85

DHunt85 Well-Known Member

Nitto terra grapplers, look good and i have seen several pair go 60k+ Tirebuyer.com has free shipping i believe and performancetread.com has had some of the best prices i have seen for them.

4. No-till Boss

No-till Boss Well-Known Member

TOYO A/T II all new tread design

5. THExONE

THExONE Moderator<br>Deer Hunting<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting

x2 As good as it gets by far..

6. Passthrough

Passthrough Account Suspended

Yep. You pay a little more up front but that will outlast any AT tire I have seen. They are quiet as well. Those Nittos really hum on the highway once they get about 20,000 miles on them and start wearing uneven

7. THExONE

Hold on second, me, powerquack and passthrough just all three agreed on something. Please bow your heads for a moment of silence... :chug:

8. THExONE

I have a 2 wheel drive explorer and I am thinking about putting them on it just because I like their look and quality and ride just as good as any passenger tire. That and that little bit of extra is all I need if it snows or I hit a little mud.

9. Passthrough

Passthrough Account Suspended

I figured since the whole world is going to end in 10 days then I might as well agree to the first correct thing you have said on this site. :biggrin:

10. THExONE

:censored:... that's all.... :biggrin:

11. BowHunter21

BowHunter21 Select Member<br>2015-16 Deer Hunting Contest Winn

Sheridan
    Take a look at the Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx.. that's what I'm runnin right now n I love em

12. BIG JIM

BIG JIM Select Member<br>Ol Eagle Eye

BFG's are hard to beat as far as all terrains.

13. BIG JIM

If you need another set I can make you a goooood deal on a slightly used set of 285/70/17's that I just had pulled back off. They are 10 ply's and have to much road noise for me.

14. BowHunter21

BowHunter21 Select Member<br>2015-16 Deer Hunting Contest Winn

Sheridan
    Thanks man, but my wheels are 18's

15. Carr.45

Carr.45 Well-Known Member

I'll second that

16. luckless

luckless Member Forum Sponsor 2011 Turkey Contest Winner

I might be interested in them. Sent you a PM.

17. BIG JIM

:up:

18. No-till Boss

No-till Boss Well-Known Member

I've never got 50k out of ANY brand of tire in my whole life.

19. Thanks for all the replies and suggestions. I had BFG's years ago and never had much luck with tread wear with them but I'll take a look.

20. Man I've been looking at those since reading your post and I love the looks of them. They have excellent reviews all the way around. Looks like they only offer them in a 275/70 18 and the stock size I have now are 265/65's. My truck is a 2009 Chevy 1500 crew cab. Wonder if that 275/70 will fit without rubbing?