Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a N/S running ridge. The droppings markers are scrapes. The x marker is a fence with a huge tracked up landing zone on the west side. Scouted it yesterday and both scrapes were very fresh. The one closest to the stand has fresh poop in it and another pile about 10 yrds away from it. Also had a newly started rub on a very big (bout 8") cedar. My stand sight is the only place in the whole area where I cld set a stand and have somewhat of a 25x15 yrd lane from N to S. Have a climbing tree on the S end of the lane. Seems like a good rattle/grunt ambush spot.
Screenshot Games Grass Tree Map

I think I put this on here yesterday, but here is the closest scrape with a new rub at the top of the pic.
Leaf Tree Plant Woodland Soil

The hard part is deciding whether to sneak in right at daylight or go in very early and climb up and wait.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Seems like with a E or SE wind you'd be in the money assuming that map is north to the top and south to the bottom? May even be okay with a straight south wind without giving up to much ground

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seems like with a E or SE wind you'd be in the money assuming that map is north to the top and south to the bottom? May even be okay with a straight south wind without giving up to much ground
You're right about the wind. I am planning on a NNW wind in the morning. I can get up to about 25' and still have a good shot and hopefully be above the wind. I am gonna use some sent wicks on the N end so hopefully that will fool whatever is in there. I dont have a clue what is making the scrape, but looking at that biggest rub and a few other rubs around, it should be a mature buck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.