Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Opening day provided little action in the morning for my cousin and I. We decided to go eat and got back out there around noon. I took a nap and my cousin went on into the woods. I got out an hour later only to scare a group of six birds as soon as I got in the woods. My cousin was calling me on the cell so I told him what happened and it just so happened he was right were half the birds were headed. I moved on down the trail towards the others and got a phone call not less than ten minutes later saying he had called up a jake and shot it. I set down maybe 150 yards from where he was and hit the box call twice when I heard one coming through the woods. I saw a red head stick out and down he went. Within ten minutes we had both taken a bird. They both weighed in at about 14 lbs. and his had a 4 1/4" beard and mine was 4 1/2". It was also the first jakes we have ever killed. All in all it worked out to be a pretty crazy but successful story! I will try to post a picture of it soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.