Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it's just wrong for them to open up a week later every surrounding state get's a week head start. but for arkansas it would be the right thing to do and we know that's not going to happen:down:

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
If they would have opened it the weekend before (Labor Day Weekend) most of us could have had 3 days to hunt and cookout and stuff. All the surrounding states will open that weekend but not us...:smack:
I don't know the rules but from an excerpt I took from the news article

LITTLE ROCK - Commissioners of the Arkansas Game & Fish Commission went with a weekend start for dove season at their monthly meeting on Thursday.

Opening day will be Sept. 6 on a Saturday. Commissioners set dove season dates as Sept. 6-28, Oct. 4-19 and Dec. 13-Jan. 2.

Federal rules allow states to open dove hunting as early as Sept. 1, which will be on Monday this year. Commissioners have favored Saturday openings for most hunting seasons for many years now.
How do the surrounding states get around the Federal rule?

Just curious........

2dogs

·
Member<br>2007 Photo Contest Winner<br>
467 Posts
Our higher powers like to set the dates differently so they can travel with ease and have two opening weekends without worrying about rushing around or deciding which one they are going to hunt. Wouldnt you if you had that type of power? :cool:

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Its amazing to me how much time, thought, and effort some of you people put into trying to come up with ways to make the AGFC into these evil monsters who's ONLY objective is to make your hunting lives miserable.

If you guys put that much into something productive.... you could change the world. I won't hold my breath though.

I'm with brushcreek. Its perfectly understandable why they chose the dates the way they did. If Texas, Missouri, Tennessee, Mississippi, and Louisiana get to hunt on Labor day and we don't... SO WHAT? Do you think its going to mess up your whole dove season? You people need to get over yourselves.

As for me, I'll be waiting on September 6th!!!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
not saying there terrible people just don't understand the logic about some of the decision they make sometimes. i'm sure a lot of people on this forum know where i'm coming from :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
from the agfc the opening day will be sept 6. messed us up again
it's just wrong for them to open up a week later every surrounding state get's a week head start. but for arkansas it would be the right thing to do and we know that's not going to happen
You're right. You did not say they were terrible people. You did express your opinion as if you believed they were terrible people, but you didn't say it. My apologies.

What logic do you not understand? September 1st is Labor Day which is a Monday. The Feds, who's authority takes precedence over the State's, (I figured we all knew that, but sometime I wonder) have set the standard so that dove season CANNOT open before Sept. 1. So what that means is, the season can't start August 30 (Labor Day Weekend).

You with me so far?

Its seems to me that most of the time I spend on this forum there is usually some form of chatter about opportunity. Do we not get more opportunity by having the season open so that it allows us to hunt both Saturday and Sunday? Seems like hunting Monday morning and then having to go back to work Tuesday morning would be more painful than waiting a few more days. Maybe some of you are more fortunate than me, but I have to be at the office everyday of the week. I guess I could shoot some birds out in the parking lot, but I don't think that would go over real well.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
know you're talking to me like i'm stupid well i'm not stupid i was giving my opinion which i will continue to do whenever i feel like it know that being said my brain don't work as good as it used to so i know the feds set the dates when doves and ducks can open my bad. put a suppressor on that shotgun and nobody will here you shooing all them doves out there. hey it's you're lunch hour.:fit: have a great day :thumb:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.