Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday I got out in the Rain It wasn’t raining really at all but it was wet n cloudy! I got to my spot walked about 1.5 miles to my tree, it took me 10-15 to get my stand and harness together and up the tree! Got to the top of the tree notice the lower half of my stand angling down so I went back down the tree adjusted it and went back up! Pulled my bow up the tree and sat down within 1 min of being in the stand 3 deer comes out on the old trail 25 yards out the first is a yearling then two big does one slightly bigger than the other! I draw down bcuz they are walking slightly towards me ik they fina come within 15-10 yards I had a tree in my view between the so soon as they passed it I put my red pin on the shoulder and let it fly ! They jumped and run towards me slightly away I can see one have a hole and running funny ! But no blood I looked every which way for blood found nun but my arrow had a lil with stomach contents I searched for hours looking for blood after 3 hours of searching I gave up ! Ran into a guy who said he thought he bumped one coming in like 35 mins after I shot her ! So in conclusion I’m going to take this as a lesson I actually just enjoyed being able to do that on the first day of the season ! Lord knows what I can make happen this season! I’m off Monday and the weather looking good I’m going to go out that morning and hopefully I can connect this time ! Good luck this season !

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Have to agree, no matter how good of a shot you are. The unexpected is going to happen and will result in a non recovered deer. Well, look at it this way, you got the bad out of the way and now it is time for some good.
Good Luck

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Have to agree, no matter how good of a shot you are. The unexpected is going to happen and will result in a non recovered deer. Well, look at it this way, you got the bad out of the way and now it is time for some good.
Good Luck
Thanks man good luck this season I’ve came a long way hunting and I’m glad for every experience every time I go out I learn something new !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts