Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who shoots Oneida bows? I have owned a Arrow Force X80 for 10 years. It has killed everything I have shot with it. I looking to pick up a new Black Eagle from Oneida soon. All my hunting Buddy's give me a hard time about my Oneida until thay see me drag out my third deer every year. I can tear down this bow and put it back together with out a bow press and tune it the night before I go hunting. I can fit everything but the string on this bow with out taking it to a bow shop.

·
Select Member<br>2014-2015 Deer Hunting Contest W
4,211 Posts
Finally, another member of the brotherhood!

I shoot Oneida's. I've got a 1993 Phantom II equipped with a Red Dot scope, 1993 TomCat II with ESC outboards, and a 1987 Screaming Eagle that I shoot instinctive. I've rebuilt all of them. I've also built a 1997 TomCat TIII EXP for my grandson. I just sold my 1990 Oneida Strike Eagle. I'm currently looking for a Lite Force Magnum riser, so I can build my own Lite Force Magnum.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
I bought an Aero Force new back in 92 or 93 and killed at least one deer and most of the time two deer every year with it until I retired it after the 2004/05 bow season. I killed a 132" eight point on Oct. 12th 2004 and it is still my biggest buck to date. My friends also gave me a hard time about my Oneida and would say things like "Man it is so heavy you could just drop it on the deer instead of shooting them". I never had to do anything to that bow but shoot it. I would break it out about 2 weeks before season and make sure it was still "on" and it always was. I never even had to replace the string. That bow sure killed a lot of deer! It had alot of sentimental value and was my first bow so I hated to retire it but I figured after 12 years it was time. I just hope its replacement (Hoyt V-Tec) is as dependable.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Wow this seems like the silent support group for the "screamin chicken" as my friends used to call it. I still own 2 aero force x-80's but finally was sucked in by the peer pressure to get a new bow. The main reason I did was it was difficult to find anyone to work on them. I have broken a riser, yoke cables, and even strings and had a tough time finding someone to work on them around LR.

After switching, I don't find myself looking to see if my limbs are going to slap my stand or a tree limb when I am about to shoot.

·
Select Member<br>2014-2015 Deer Hunting Contest W
4,211 Posts
I like tearing them down and completely rebuilding them. My latest creation is a TomCat TII X80 ESC Hybrid. It been shooting great; medium draw length, 63#, and 261 fps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.