One reading plan

Discussion in 'Prayer and Religion' started by clawmute, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Being March 1st is a good time to start this Bible reading plan. My friend Dr. Ron Moseley, put me onto this plan 30 years ago.

Every day read 5 chapters in psalms, 1 chapter in proverbs then 5 chapters in the old testament and 5 in the new testament.

This way you go completely through psalms and proverbs once a month.
  2. M1Tommy

M1Tommy Well-Known Member

There was a year when I read and considered one chapter of Proverbs every day. By year's end I had read Proverbs twelve times over. Over 20 years later, I am surprised all the time, at how often these come to my mind still.
    clawmute likes this.

3. No-till Boss

No-till Boss Well-Known Member

Proverbs is my favorite to read and try to remember....
    clawmute likes this.
  4. One of my favorite proverbs when I am searching for answers on most any thing is;

A fool's eyes are in the ends of the earth but wisdom is right in front of him who paraphrase..

Proverbs 17:24 KJVS
    Wisdom is before him that hath understanding; but the eyes of a fool are in the ends of the earth.

And for when I was a designer for 30 odd years...

Proverbs 8:12 KJVS
    I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions.

The Lord will show you how to do it.

When you've made a bad business decision. This one induced me to renegotiate a verbal contract I'd made with J. P. Price's CFO. It took my hiney out of a pinch for certain! I read this on the 6th,my birthday and knew I was to do as it said and did so.

Disclaimer in my Bible foreword: TAKE EXACTLY AS DIRECTED.

Proverbs 6:1-3 KJVS
    My son, if thou be surety for thy friend, if thou hast stricken thy hand with a stranger, [2] Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth, thou art taken with the words of thy mouth. [3] Do this now, my son, and deliver thyself, when thou art come into the hand of thy friend; go, humble thyself, and make sure thy friend.

One night before bed I read all 31 chapters of proverbs aloud. It was the best nights sleep I've ever had.