Old Wooden Decoys

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by madduck87, Dec 11, 2012.

1. madduck87

madduck87 Well-Known Member

This guy i work with bought a house in recently and found about 30 of these in his attic, they are wood, really really light weight and all are painted white as if they were to be repainted. Any old timers ever seen these or can give me more info? He is gonna give them to me and said keep what i want and sell the rest if they are worth anything.

[​IMG]

2. Delbert

Delbert Well-Known Member

Balsa or cork, possibly Herter's. google will help.

3. SCDuck

SCDuck Well-Known Member

SC
  4. madduck87

Its balsa, i can see grain under the paint, i have an old cork one, i found a very similar one on ebay

[​IMG]

This body shape and size is prett close, wood be 1950's era, maybe sixties, the keels on these were added later on i believe cause of the black drywall type wood screws used

5. Scritch

Scritch Well-Known Member

I'll take one.
    How much?

6. madduck87

being that they are not painted, prolly 10 bucks each depending on condition havent sifted through all of em yet, painted herters on ebay are 25-50, i plan on painting the couple i keep, they are really neat the heads are angled different ways too

gonna post pics and set up a trading post deal, i will let u know when up and running,

7. madduck87

8. clarkduck

clarkduck Well-Known Member

I'd like to by one for 10 if ya haven't sold em yet. Pm me your address and ill cut you a check

9. No!! Here!!

No!! Here!! Well-Known Member

Roe
    Ill take a few. Where u located?