Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A guy at work gave me a old shell he found in a box of junk. It is 5 5/8" long from tip of bullet to rim of case, probably 50 cal (1/2") and looks like a pumped up 30.06 shell. It has an L, C, and the #53 stamped on the end. The tip of the bullet and the primer are painted red. I know somebody can tell me what it is. I told my wife i was gonna build a wildcat revolver based on this round. She was not amused.:twak:

· Premium Member
11,478 Posts
When I was a kid, I lived on base at Fort Sill OK. They had "fire-power" demonstrations back in the late 60's and early 70's. Those were where the troops flew in on helos, shot up bunches of targets and un-maned drones (AA gunner need practice, too) and flew off on said helos, all in front fo grand-stands full of civie spectators. Ft. Sill being an artillery base, you saw lotsa that, too. But us kids got to take home souvenirs, like .50 cal shells and such. I still have several, and like Bob said, that's a Lake city job from the fifties. Thanks for letting me go down that little memory lane again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.