Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Member<br>2014 Team Turkey Contest Winner
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyvbody have any suggestions on which wma to hunt in north east oklahoma gonna take my son on a little road trip chasing birds

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
In northeast OK from SW AR?
I have hunted Spavinaw a good bit, but that's only because it's about an hour from the house, and I have a lifetime OK license. Never worked a bird.
If you're driving, I would not drive to NE OK. Go west young man.

·
Member<br>2014 Team Turkey Contest Winner
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hobbshunter after a couple hrs on the computer im takingyour advise im headed west

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
hobbshunter after a couple hrs on the computer im takingyour advise im headed west
Cool! I got the hookup with a guy from work who's from OK, so I'm headed out there to hunt some private land this year. I hope there's plenty of birds.
It's a different world out there. I hunted public in OK a few years ago. There's good WMAs all over and lots of info available. I looked into a bunch of those in south-central, down toward the TX line. I ended up going far west and hunting Packsaddle and Black Kettle some. It was OK. Definitely some birds. It was a short hunt and the weather really screwed us. Those public land Rios are not as easy as you'd think. They tend to bunch up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts