Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I use to hunt on Big Timbers. There was a lot of deer in the area back then and some turkeys to. There is also alot of hunters. I would like to have some private land in that area! Also welcome aboard!!!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Plenty of poachers if there is any access. I looked at some property in the area you mention and my biggest concern was the amont of access and the inabilty to control it. Plus your problem is harder when the people who have been hunting it are no longer able to. If I own it it is mine to do with as I see fit but at the same time people pushed out are usually real upset. Sometimes it takes some years to get a handle on those folks, especially if you are not there alot.
as for the hunting in that area, I've heard it's pretty good.

·
Registered
304 Posts
My Brother in Laws Family has land there, many Deer!! He has never talked about hogs on their land but I bet they are there! Got A friend that has a lease down on the River and they have Hogs! Going Rabbit Hunting down there in Jan. I'll know more about the hogs then!!

·
Super Member<br>2010 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
1,937 Posts
If you take the exit and head toward Okalona, go one mile and turn left at the first house. About a mile off the paved road is the gate to our lease. Lots nice deer and turkeys. No problem with poaching because we're behind a gate. Name of our lease is Broken Point Hunting Club. Not many hogs. The closer you get to the river, the more hogs you'll find. I also hunt Big Timber. Nice area to be located. Several nice deer are taken in that area every year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.