ok who was it?

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by JohnM, Dec 23, 2010.

1. JohnM

JohnM Well-Known Member

Who's been hunting in Sherwood? You just stopped firing half an hour ago....must have been at that swamp on landers road?

2. J. Adams

J. Adams Well-Known Member

If I had to guess....Doug....

3. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator

NE Ark
    It was on Channel 7 last night about the local popo gonna start busting duck hunters shooting inside the city limits. Don't remember exactly where, but it was somewhere around LR.

4. alphamax32

alphamax32 Well-Known Member

Maumelle

5. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator

NE Ark
    Thank you sir. :thumb:

6. J. Adams

J. Adams Well-Known Member

good to hear the local police have nothing to do but mess with hunters.....

7. Black OpsThe legend

Black OpsThe legend Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>www.blackopsduckcalls.c

Back in like 02-03 I was working at Fletcher's Car Plaza on Lander's Rd. and a 4 foot alligator crawled up into one of the detail bays under the heater.....scared the stuff outta the brother working in there!!!:fit:

8. SalineRiver

SalineRiver Well-Known Member

It was me. The squirrel dog got to treeing nutra-rats and I just can't pass them up right here at Krimma time.

Gots to feed da folksis.

9. bloody acorns

bloody acorns Well-Known Member

Lake Sequoyah

Back in the day - used to kill a pile of ducks at lake Sequoyah out here on the edge of Fayetteville - til I came out and got a ticket for discharging a firearm in city limits - the city annexed the lake and all of the river bottom to the east so no one could hunt it . Ridiculous isnt a house within 1/4 mile of those bottoms but the man couldnt stand to let someone get their licks in. Cost me $100 but probably averaged out to less than a dollar a duck as many times as we hit them.

I might try it again someday

10. I wish you could still hunt Indianhead Lake like my FIL did growing up with his brother.

It's covered up with ducks and geese most of the time!

11. birdman24

birdman24 Well-Known Member

a few kids i went to school with got busted back in there like 4 or 5 years ago and got some massive tickets and lost a lot of equipment..im pretty sure they were unable to hunt for a couple years as well due to multiple infractions

Last edited: Dec 23, 2010
  12. i saw a group of mallards cupped and going into the warden road side just yesterday

13. CrappieMaster220

CrappieMaster220 Well-Known Member

LoL, I have a buddy that works over that way that found a hunting spot 5 minutes from work... Apparently he's been killing limits EVERY morning and gets to work early every morning...

I just thought he was lying, but maybe not?

14. BlackWaterHunter

BlackWaterHunter Well-Known Member

Not all of the swamp is in the city limits. Part of the back side is out and is very much private. And no I do not hunt it.