Ok what is the diference

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by shotgun wg, Dec 18, 2010.

1. shotgun wg

shotgun wg Well-Known Member

Black ops dfb and rolling thunder bsod. Anyone know

2. zpenter

zpenter Well-Known Member

one is black and one is white! :cool: one is harder than the other and louder than the other it is up to you to pick the one you like :cool:

3. shiftymcfive01

shiftymcfive01 Super Member<br>2011 Turkey Contest Winner<br>2013

both attempt to step in to the role left by cutdown olts. one achieves it better than the other. I blew both but ended up with a dfb. I'd recommend it, jmho

4. alphamax32

alphamax32 Well-Known Member

The dfb accomplished what many wish they would had done themselves, and that is producing a call that is effective and deadly...olt was and still are deadly calls in the right hands of people that know how to correctly blow a cutdown call. I have blown em for many many years and was taught by the best alive today. The dfb will be and is starting to take on that role of an olt. Like I said in other threads,u can't blow a cutdown like any other call and expect the correct sound.

5. alphamax32

6. lbstuart

lbstuart Active Member

Which is harder and louder? Also, where can either of these be purchased?

7. shiftymcfive01

www.blackopsduckcalls.com

8. shotgun wg

I bought a bsod at macks. It ain't that hard to blow to me but butch at rnt said I blow his calls too hard. I didn't find a dfb nowhere so I got the one I could try.

9. shotgun wg

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't these both just trying to imitate the plastic olt that has been cut down. So as far as I see it niether is original.

10. clane72286

clane72286 Well-Known Member

Obvious your not to up to date on an olt. The best ones are made of bake light not just normal plastic. I'm assuming your on the bsod pro staff because they have 75 prostaffers and theyre call is only 3 months old. Its simple if you cant sell them make ppl pro staffers and give them one. Great marketing

11. alphamax32

The only thing that the DFB imitates is a mallard duck!!!! But only in the hands of someone that knows the correct way to blow it..

12. shotgun wg

If u actualy read the first sentence u would have got the first part CORECT ME IF IM WRONG. I guess I was about the plastic that's what they look and feel like to ..me. But u also say the best was a cut down olt so. I wasn't to far off. And no I am not a pro staff nuthin. The guy wanted a opinion I gave mine. I think I'm starting to understand. Praise the dfb bash all others. I will keep that in mind.

13. SA_ArcheryGuy

SA_ArcheryGuy Well-Known Member

Better get use to it! Thats all your going to hear!
    Its either DFB or nothing! I bet he's the one thats on the DFB Pro Staff.
    :clap:

14. Black OpsThe legend

Black OpsThe legend Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>www.blackopsduckcalls.c

While we at Black Ops don't condone talking bad about any other call or call makers, we have consistently taken care of our customer's 100% of the time and put a primary focus on customer service as well as making sure the calls we send out are 100% mallard duck.....This tends to create a strong following and loyalty....We very much appreciate this support, but it doesn't matter which Pro Staff somebody belongs to we don't have to argue about it, the results speak for themselves.:up: :up: :up:

Mike

15. SA_ArcheryGuy

SA_ArcheryGuy Well-Known Member

Well Said!

16. shiftymcfive01

what he said

17. webbtoes

webbtoes Well-Known Member

Just got mine in the mail. It aint yo mommas haydel. This ol boy hasn t been blowing a duck call much for a couple of years,its a lil different:thumb: Going to put it to work in a rice fields unless someone needs company in the woods of NEA:cool:.

18. Black OpsThe legend

Black OpsThe legend Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>www.blackopsduckcalls.c

Do work......:thumb:

19. shotgun wg

I would like to check out the dfb but I ain't forkin out cash for sumthin I haven't laid my hands on. The whole idea of the thread was so I could get a better idea what I was lookin at. If that on fellow is part of yalls crew I hope he ain't in sales cause he just cost y'all that one.

20. shiftymcfive01

I'm in mayflower and will meet you anywhere in central ark to let you try out either of mine, one is NIB and my main one is trimmed up a little by yours truly. text me at 4seven98582700