Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got back from SW OK.
Had a blast until thuis morning. Rain and storms. We ended up getting 4, I missed one leaving town as did the fellow with me. Shots varied from 7 to 45 yds.
This area has tons of birds. I was impressed to say the least! I will go back. The birds were pretty henned up which made things tough but it was fun!

I got a 26#, 10" beard with 1.25" sharp curved spurs as well as a 23# bird with 1 1/8 sharp curverd spurs with a 9 " beard. The other 2 birds my friend shot were both heavy 22 & 23#, 7/8 & 1" spurs and 9.5 and 8 .75" beards.

We saw some beautiful country, again lots of birds and tons of roost gobbbling and a 3 bird limit if you hunt 2 counties. SW OK is a great place to turkey hunt. 3

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
I was wondering how yall done,Paul and I had a great hunt in OK too. Now we wont feel as bad come Saturday when we might not see or hear anything.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Great Job !!!!!!! Those are some heavy weight fat boys there, I have killed a few turkeys and never killed one over 24lbs .... Sounds like fun I am ready for Sat....

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
I'll be just South of Lawton next Monday-Thursday on business, but will be hunting in the mornings. It will be my first time there. I'll be on private land also.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts