Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never could have imagined the way my old setup was hindering my reloading. I finally got to spend a little time at the new bench last night and was totally amazed at how a bench with a little more room, a little more height on it and a lot sturdier could make that much difference. I loaded 40 rounds rounds in less than half the time it was taking me to do 10 and that's not changing my process or dropping any of the checks I make while I'm loading either. Although I don't think I need to check every loaded round for length now like I was, the ones from last night from the shortest to the longest was less than .002" difference compared to the .005 or greater difference I had grown used to. If your having to do one step and clear everything off your bench before you start the next your killing a bunch of time. I'm a firm believer now that there is no substitute for a roomy, solid bench. :censored: I may hafta get serious with this stuff now. :thumb:

·
Registered
23,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got an old loader for shotgun shells but no supplies or info. Jam (my BIL) wants me to load some mid-range loads to use on dove. His 1100 won't eject the light loads and the high brass loads are a little rough on the shoulder if your getting a lot of shooting in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.