Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Are slimy rainbows a trash fish?
You would think....
First thing I bought after retiring was a nice jet rigged trout boat....
Had it five years and got rid of it...
All my friends would drop a bag of groceries to go catfishing or bass fishing, but not one would take me up on a river trip.
At least I broke even on the deal... which is a win-win when dealing with boats.

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
White bass are good caught early in the spring in cold water. I know cajuns that fish for choupique ( grinnel) exclusively. I use to work with an electrician that threw bass back and kept grinnels. He made fish cakes out of them. Trout are good if you cook them correctly. Yellow bullheads are not good. The black and brown ones are OK out of clean water.

·
Registered
888 Posts
White bass are good caught early in the spring in cold water. I know cajuns that fish for choupique ( grinnel) exclusively. I use to work with an electrician that threw bass back and kept grinnels. He made fish cakes out of them. Trout are good if you cook them correctly. Yellow bullheads are not good. The black and brown ones are OK out of clean water.
Yuck

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Ive eatten gar before. We took a pair of tin snips and cut it down it's back. Then we cut the back straps out. It tasted like catfish but it was a little tough. The fish we cleaned weight about 20 pounds. Maybe a smaller one wouldn't be as tough.

1 - 20 of 152 Posts