Arkansas Hunting banner

14221 - 14240 of 14277 Posts

·
Registered
23,677 Posts
OK, smart ones. Help me out.

Word is, Cards win and they're in. OK? Even if they lose, they're in if SF loses.

BUT...........how can that be? Cards have won 29, Reds have won 30. So if Cards lose, SF loses, and Reds win, that means Cards are in..........but the Reds will have won 31 games, and the Cards 29.

????

Is this Covid math?

·
Platinum Member Redneck Slum Lord
29,628 Posts
OK, smart ones. Help me out.

Word is, Cards win and they're in. OK? Even if they lose, they're in if SF loses.

BUT...........how can that be? Cards have won 29, Reds have won 30. So if Cards lose, SF loses, and Reds win, that means Cards are in..........but the Reds will have won 31 games, and the Cards 29.

????

Is this Covid math?
Cards are up on the loss side.
The only side that matters.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
This is a legit question because I honestly don't know. Not just stirring up smack-talk. But does anybody know why the Cardinals weren't required to play their last two make-up games today? Seems like that could have made a big difference in seeding if they played and lost both games. I haven't seen an explanation why.

upload_2020-9-28_9-22-54.png

·
Registered
17,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #14,232
This is a legit question because I honestly don't know. Not just stirring up smack-talk. But does anybody know why the Cardinals weren't required to play their last two make-up games today? Seems like that could have made a big difference in seeding if they played and lost both games. I haven't seen an explanation why.

View attachment 279038
These are very trying times so if I had to guess, MLB has a algorithm for Covid and Top Tier teams. They estimated the Cards would have won those games by a long shot and factoring how much revenue the Cards pull in post season play. Bingo the Cards are in playoffs. It’s Simple boys, try not to overthink to much, make your head spin.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
These are very trying times so if I had to guess, MLB has a algorithm for Covid and Top Tier teams. They estimated the Cards would have won those games by a long shot and factoring how much revenue the Cards pull in post season play. Bingo the Cards are in playoffs. It’s Simple boys, try not to overthink to much, make your head spin.
It wouldn't be a matter of the Cardinals getting in. They would be in anyway. Just a difference in seeding. So after Detroit theoretically thrashed them twice today, the Cardinals would have matched up with the Braves in the first round. That would have been fun for all of us, don't you agree?

·
Registered
17,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #14,234
It wouldn't be a matter of the Cardinals getting in. They would be in anyway. Just a difference in seeding. So after Detroit theoretically thrashed them twice today, the Cardinals would have matched up with the Braves in the first round. That would have been fun for all of us, don't you agree?
Gotcha ,, just joshing ya, but yes that would be great. Honestly, I don't understand how they have calculated it this year. Yesterday they kept saying all these possibilities in how the Cards could get in etc and I just stopped trying to figure it out.

·
Registered
23,677 Posts

View attachment 279038
Because not one single thing about anything makes sense, and even less so in sports in 2020. There is no answer.

14221 - 14240 of 14277 Posts