Official Cardinal "Off Season" 2017/18

Discussion in 'Sports' started by firehog, Oct 26, 2017.

1. curdog1

curdog1 Well-Known Member

Tap on the posters name to see likes count.

tmeredith likes this.
  2. tmeredith

tmeredith Platinum Member Redneck Slum Lord

3. 53DB713D-ADAF-41BF-9D23-FA0DCE9273E5.jpeg 36D387F9-FDFB-40EA-8476-B6FE1FE330D4.jpeg 375196DE-779E-4600-8066-E5846F781E1F.jpeg 95E69C7D-0B1E-4004-93DB-7CCA544751B2.jpeg While I had hoped to watch the live spring feed, I needed to beat the bush and look for sheds before all this rain hits. Luckily I hit a good double up the middle on this one.

4. tmeredith

5. I think this has been covered several times, but when you look overall at players that have been traded to the Cards you hear the same running theme. And that is most MLB players out there would love to play for the best fans in MLB. And of course, it's not just the fans but the whole organization. When you have players praying for a Cardinal uniform you know you have something special.

6. Going to miss ole Lance on his interviews

7. southARbuck

southARbuck Well-Known Member

Lol. He’s coming from Miami.....

8. Here is the reaction when you get traded to what some would think is a great team in Boston. You almost cry on national TV. http://dai.ly/x22k855

9. southARbuck

Hook was right, you are way to emotional.

10. lol, that's coming from a fan who is used to losing for over a 100 years, I'd expect nothing less. But let's not avoid the last example player because I think it has some merit in my point. That point being, if your a Little League, HS, College, Minor League or Major league player the dream is to play for the Cardinals franchise. Not the Cubs, Not Atlanta etc. But the Cardinals. You said Ozuna was coming from Miami, but then I show one player leaving and almost crying, and it turns to being an emotional fan. That's ok, I'll own the emotional fan label or better yet maybe passionate fan label, no problem. Most team fans don't understand fanhood in the first place and that's why players don't have dreams to play for those teams in the first place.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  11. First spring game not this weekend but next weekend?

12. tmeredith

That sounds right.

13. southARbuck

Your dream is to play for them. Not everybody dreams to play for them. Let's tale Russell Wilson, you know the QB from Seattle, he wanted pinstripes. LeBron, and this may be a bad example, grew up in Cleveland area and loved NY. Kershaw, Dawson.... Get the point? But hey, nothing wrong with beating your chest, even when your wrong.

14. tmeredith

I'm sure they just said that because the didn't get to play for the Cards. You know like when a kid gets his favorite toy taken away and then says he didn't want it anyways.

15. tmeredith

Yeah I guess fakenews would have been a simpler way for me to put it.

16. southARbuck

Don't make me go all Buck on you now.

17. tmeredith

You can call.me crazy, but don't call me insane. That one hurts my feelings.

southARbuck likes this.
  18. southARbuck

I've been seeing that you two get along very well.

19. tmeredith

I think we would in real life. He just gets a little worked up on the rare occasions when we disagree. I think he mostly gets worked up because of my bad punctuation and weak vocabulary though.