Official Cardinal "Off Season" 2017/18

Discussion in 'Sports' started by firehog, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Buckrub

Buckrub Well-Known Member

Conway
    Card Caravan #3 in Jonesboro (who was Jones?) Jan 13 for all you fans.

firehog likes this.
  2. tmeredith

tmeredith Platinum Member Redneck Slum Lord

Well, Grichuk isn't going to be at any of the caravans. Makes me think he may not be around when season gets here. My son was really hoping he'd be here this year since he was supposed to come last year and the thing got cancelled because of an ice storm. Oh well, he has a Pham card he can get signed and I have some Danny Cox cards. I'd like to ask Danny about the time he skipped a start so he could go home and beat up his brother in law.

3. tmeredith

Great! Last years caravan got cancelled because of an ice storm, now the weatherman is calling for snow Friday.

4. Cardinals sign Grichuk to one-year deal

5. tmeredith

My son was happy to see that.

6. Buckrub

Buckrub Well-Known Member

Conway
    Best job on EARTH. $2.6M to put on a Cardinal uniform but not sweat in it much. THEN, as soon as one of those 3 OF's get hurt, and they will, you get to play too! And you do well enough to make other clubs take notice and you are awesome trade bait come July 31, and can go play full time somewhere.

Now it's time to sign Tyler Lyons to same type of deal.

AND FIND A DADGUM CLOSER!

7. tmeredith

I expect Fowler or Pham or both to miss about 1/2 the year, so I think he'll get alot of time.
    On a much sadder note, I just hesrd they cancelled the cards caravan in Jonesboro tomorrow.

8. Ozuna, Wacha and Lyons all signed 1 year deals today.

9. Pham is going to come out blazing and set records this year. He got a taste of being the man last year and he is going to be looking to show fans he's legit.

Triple Threat likes this.
  10. southARbuck

southARbuck Well-Known Member

Man, y'all done got into Cur's stash

11. curdog1

curdog1 Well-Known Member

You can have some too if you’ll wear a cardinal shirt.

12. Triple Threat

Triple Threat Well-Known Member

Yes! Find a closer!

13. tmeredith

Well....... looks like MO has spent all the money he is going to spend. Saw an article the otherday that said he's happy with the lineup as is and today he said Gregerson will be the closer. I don't have a good feeling about this year.

14. tmeredith

15. We need a closer, Gregerson is a gamble. How many games did we lose due to Cecil, Oh or Rosy losing the game last year. Maybe the market is just to dry right now, maybe they got someone in mind for July. I'm ok with waiting till July but I don't think we can win a WS without a great closer.

Triple Threat likes this.
  16. Triple Threat

Triple Threat Well-Known Member

We would have been the Champenes if baseball only went to 7 innings! :confused:

17. dspeakes

dspeakes Grand Member<br> 2006 Spring Turkey Team Contest W

Now they are talking about Chris Archer. Not sure the Cardinals need him.

18. dspeakes

dspeakes Grand Member<br> 2006 Spring Turkey Team Contest W

Yadi retiring after 2020 season.