Official Cardinal "Off Season" 2017/18

Discussion in 'Sports' started by firehog, Oct 26, 2017.

1. firehog

firehog Well-Known Member

We'll see, I don't know about spending that kind of money but I guess it's been going that way for several years. My other concern is who are they going to what in a trade, some names circulating like Flarerty Alcantara, Hudson, Hicks?

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  2. Triple Threat

Triple Threat Well-Known Member

I have mixed emotions!

3. tmeredith

tmeredith Platinum Member Redneck Slum Lord

Man, I just saw where Roy Halladay died in a plane crash today. I really liked him, and he was Cris Carpenters best friend. Really hate to hear it.

4. firehog

Sad news for sure. Perfect Pitched Game

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  5. Triple Threat

Triple Threat Well-Known Member

Didn't realize he was Carpenters friend. Sad deal. Any info on cause?

6. tmeredith

All I've heard is he loved to fly and hos plane crashed. He was the only one on board.

7. firehog

Someone reported finding a small plane in six ft of water off Florida coast. That’s about all I read.

8. firehog

If the Cardinals don’t get much done on the trade market or dish out some of that billion dollar TV contract for free-agent money this offseason, fans will nail DeWitt's hide up on the arch as the St Louis Cheapskate. We have let the Cubs walk on us for two consecutive years, and to add salt to the wound, we let the Brewers jump us this year. That's not acceptable to Cardiacs and the pressure is being felt this offseason for the front office. Management has committed and believes in Mike till 2020, but they hopefully have made the right coach changes around him to help. But Mike has to change as well or listen to his asst. Bullpen management was horrible last few years. Not to mention the bullpen needs a few horses. Cecil needs to be traded but I doubt anyone would want him. Closer is the biggest position needed a fill.

Triple Threat likes this.
  9. firehog

News coming out today looks more promising on Cards landing Stanton. Reports saying Stanton does not want to be apart a team that’s rebuilding thus will waive his no trade. Now I guess the part no one knows will he waive for Cards? One source says Stanton likes the potential for the cards to make a run on championship. I know this, I hope we get his 59 homers. Marlins need to drop 90 mil off their books and cards happen to have a nice chunk of TV change in their pockets.

gutshot likes this.
  10. firehog

T, Triple, and Curdog, y’all better buckle in if we get him. We about to unleash fire and fury on NL. Keep your fingers crossed. If we can land him and get a closer we will be back in playoffs. Factoring in our starting pitchers do their job.

11. curdog1

curdog1 Well-Known Member

harrison
    We will be in good shape next year!!

12. tmeredith

I hope it happens. Looks like Waino is bringing in the only off season hardware for the Cards. He won the silver slugger award for pitchers.

13. firehog

You can certainly bet the cubflakes are starting to sweat a bit.

14. firehog

Reports say 4 teams are interested. St Louis, Philadelphia, Giants and Red Sox. Reports say Stanton wants to see a team with promise. I would say Philies and Giants would not be a good option for imminent success. But of course it depends on how each team sells and convinces. I predict St Louis is probably going to be the most aggressive team pursuing Stanton these next few weeks but only time will tell. There is a lot a team has to factor. For one is the competitive balance tax. Stanton’s salary could easily put some teams over the line and end up costing teams way more than just his contract amount. Much to consider, but i think when it’s all done, Stanton will see the light and realize the Cards are the up and coming team.

15. Hooked Spurs

Hooked Spurs Well-Known Member

Don't know who or what cubflakes are (is that a cereal?), but Cubs fans are not sweating. If there is concern, it's more with the Brewers than the Cardinals.

southARbuck likes this.
  16. tmeredith

Dejong finishes second for rookie of the year. Beltran is hanging em up.

17. tmeredith

It's looking more and more unlikely that Stanton will come to St. Louis. Still hearing he wants to be on a coast.

18. firehog

Might as well stay with the losing team he’s with.

19. firehog

I think he’s hoping someone like dodgers might take him. San Fran is old going down hill team

20. tmeredith

Yeah, i think he wants to be a Dodger.