NWTF Volunteer banquet

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by 7 point, Jan 8, 2011.

1. 7 point

7 point Well-Known Member

Congratulations to Thompson for winning the NWTF award tonight. I think we all had a great time supporting a great cause. I also had the pleasure of meeting Thompson,Tony Harris,Biggobs and Hooked Spurs. As an added bonus I won the early bird special a brand new Browing BPS shotgun,I can't wait to try it out.

2. Hooked Spurs

Hooked Spurs Well-Known Member

It was a fun time tonight. The highlight for me was meeting you guys from on here. Congrats to you 7 point on winning the gun. Hope you get to break it in real soon. Congrats again to Thompson for being chosen as Volunteer of the year!!!! If y'all didn't know he has also been recognized on national level as well. That says alot about the effort he puts into helping turkeys. Once again, I appreciate it and appreciate all you do to keep us informed on this forum.

3. biggobs

biggobs Well-Known Member

Dang man, I didn't realize you won the early bird drawing you lucky dog!!!! It was really good to meet you in person as well as Tony & his wife. I hope you guys had a great time. Our overall turnout was better than what we were expecting so I appreciate you guys & everyone else that came (HookedSpurs, etc.). There really are some exciting research projects & habitat projects going on & in the works in Arkansas right now. I have been one of the AR NWTF state board members for over a decade & I can honestly say the projects we have going on right now are the most exciting we have been a part of in my tenure on the board. I think we will make some large strides in the next few years.

Thanks guys,

biggobs

4. thompson

thompson Well-Known Member

Arkansas
    Hey guys, had a blast and enjoyed meeting everyone. Thanks for coming and supporting tonight, it means a lot to put faces on some of those you speak with on here. Hope we can do this again and get to meet everyone else in person. Again thank everyone for their kind words.

5. Tony Harris

Tony Harris Super Moderator<br>2012-13 Deer Hunting Contest Wi Staff Member

It was nice to meet you guys as well. We had a good time and I got what I came for, information. If you want to know what an org is about you don't do it by asking a bunch of questions. You go to a banquet such as this one and see what is going on, who is doing what, upcoming plans and watch the people and see how they act and react. Lots of respect for Thompson, the WO who won his second WO of the year, Mike Widner and Mr. Gene Denton. I'll be joining up at the Perry Co banquet.

Congrats Thompson.