Nwa coonhunters.

Discussion in 'Huntin' Dogs' started by Tink, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Tink

Tink Platinum Member<br>2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest Te

How many coon hunters around here close to Springdale? Looking to fine someone with a couple of dogs who wants to run some coons. I am sick an tired of watching every time I am in the stand or going to the truck. Seen 6 just 30min ago all just walking around. I am off on Wed and Thurs. So it has to be around this time. Just let me know thanks.

2. if i was closer i be on that invite in a heart beat love chasing the elusive coon:thumb:

3. Tink

I would see those dogs of yours in action afters seeing those pics. Heck after seeing all this dogs on here. I almost threaten to buy one good coon dog, but the wife would kill me.

4. Tink

I know there got to be someone with some good coon dog/dogs that need to be run. This is a ranch an has not been hunted for coons since the civil war. This place be easy to hunt an catch dog/dogs. I can give you full details on it an promise you that it be heck of a time an youn keep all coons.

5. belliott

belliott Well-Known Member

I don't know anyone up here that coon hunts anymore.

I ran into a guy and his son last year at the e-z mart and they had been out runningg coons, but they didn't kill them. They just ran there dogs. They were run and release coon hunters.

There is a guy that lives on Monitor road that has some dog pens behind his house. I think he has Walkers, but I could'nt tell you if he coon hunts.

If your not opposed to trapping, I could make my way over there around the middle or end of January. I've got a dozen dog proof traps. I could meet you over there and set the traps and go back the next morning and check them.

It may not be as exciting as a good race, but the traps will put a end to your coon problem.

6. Tink

I have no problem with the little bandits but we do have alot an wouldn't mine if you want to trap. I just have to check with the ranch owner about it, he wants to coon hunt just like me just to hear the dogs an stuff.

7. belliott

If you don't mind me asking, which ranch is it. My family owns a feed store and I know everyone in Springdale.

8. Tink

It's out past knob hill toward war eagle bridge the east end bumps the war eagle. The guy who lease it his last name is Evans it's call the ranch. The old sign still is up an all you can read is The ____ Ranch. I think the owners live in CA.

9. belliott

I know the place. I live out at Hickory Creek and spend alot of time out at War Eagle crappie fishing and I do some work out there to. Lots of coons around the lake. Everyone that lives in town that catches coons in live traps turn them loose in my back yard or your hunting area.

I've been killing them, There get into my trash. The only reason I got the traps was to thin the coon population on our place in Kingston.
    I've got the coons in check and now it's time to eradicate the foxes.

10. Hobbshunter

Hobbshunter Well-Known Member

NWA
    My brother used to coon hunt a lot, but he had to give it up. He had the loudest bluetick you ever heard, and his neighbors in Fville werent too fond of it. It was a lot of work keeping a dog in shape too. A lot of late worknights.

Next I talk to him, I'll see if any of his old hunting buddies still have any good dogs. One good friend of his had a few walkers last I checked.

It is amazing how hard it is to find a coonhunter around here any more. This area has such a rich heritage of it. Even when I was in high school in the 90's there were world champion dogs coming out of the Garfield area.

11. Tink

I have tried an talk my wife into letting me get a good coon dog, but she is not haveing it. I seen two this moring an the same family of 6 just when I was walking out bye the pond.

12. belliott

Show her some pictures of some blood hound pups, she won't be able to resist.

13. Tink

That's not the problem, the problem is we have 3 coons that live in a tree behine the house. LOL.

14. Tink

:idea: hey maybe you can trap this coons behine the house here. LOL

15. Out that way alot inlaw's live off of natual walk. Have a Single Male Walker pup I'm starting sounds perfect place but must be at night. Seen me a PM Location details.