Nutt's legacy continues....

Discussion in 'Razorbacks' started by TheBattman, Jan 3, 2008.

1. TheBattman

TheBattman Select Member<br>2010-11 Deer Hunting Contest Winn

Heard on Sports Rap this evening that Nutt apparently made off with the highlight videos of committed players... Patrino is having to contact those student athletes who have already committed to UofA and ask for duplicate copies of the tapes.

The tapes are suppose to be property of the college that requests them... and Nutt and/or his outgoing staff took them. I would guess to try to chase those players for his new employer and/or to sabotage the hogs....

Either way - bad form - but not a surprise.

2. possum

possum Moderator<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting Contest Winner<b

If that's the case then wouldn't that be considered theft of property?

3. stealthycat

stealthycat Elite Member<br>2015-16 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

i would think the NCAA would investigate

4. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

Gives one a better understanding of things that might've been happening all the time!

5. spur

spur Moderator-Razorback Forum<br>Sports

nwar
    $3,000 ,000.00 + golden hancuffs removed + recruits tapes + Ole ms assisitants recruiting against and coaching for AR = a very good year for Nut

and to think
    he did it all for Arkansas!!!!!!!!!!

6. jerry dean

jerry dean Suspended Permanently

I LOVE the helmet!!

7. CP

CP Well-Known Member

SA
    A point...:confused:

If any of the tapes were addressed to Nutt...they are his.

If they were addressed to the University...well...we knew the answer to that long ago...:rolleyes:

8. millennium man

millennium man Well-Known Member

Good point CP! Thats the real question, were the tapes the property of the University or Houston Nutt? If the tapes are considered property of the University then he was in the wrong. As you said if they awere addressed to him then they belong to him and if he is going to actively recruit those players for Ole miss then why would he leave thim?

9. spur

spur Moderator-Razorback Forum<br>Sports

nwar
    By CP
    we knew the answer to that long ago...

Yep!

10. hawgpharm

hawgpharm Well-Known Member

Lineman switching from Hogs to Rebels
    Richard Davenport

Posted on Thursday, January 3, 2008

URL: http://www.nwanews.com/adg/Sports/212602/

Offensive lineman Josh Tatum of Marbury, Ala., switched his oral commitment from Arkansas to Ole Miss late Wednesday night.

Tatum, 6-6, 315 pounds, 5. 02 seconds in the 40-yard dash, said he was changing his decision because of his relationship with Ole Miss assistant coach Mike Markuson and Rebels Coach Houston Nutt. Markuson had recruited Tatum while serving as a member of Nutt’s Arkansas staff before Nutt left for Ole Miss.

Tatum committed to Markuson by phone Wednesday night.

“He and I started talking and he said, ‘Josh, I’m at Ole Miss now,’” said Tatum, who committed to Arkansas in August. “He said, ‘I want to coach you, and I want to be a part of you.’ He said, ‘If you want me to coach you and be a part of me and Coach Nutt, you’ve got your chance if you want it.’

“ I basically said I was committed to you all the whole time and that’s where I want to be.”

Even though Tatum switched his commitment to Ole Miss, he said he feels an obligation to still take an official visit to Arkansas.

“I haven’t talked to Coach [Bobby ] Petrino yet, but I think I owe it to the fans and the university to come up there and check it out again,” Tatum said.

Tatum made two unofficial visits to Arkansas earlier this year. One was for Arkansas’ senior day in July and the other for the opening game against Troy.

11. jerry dean

Why in the world would a person in his right mind want to play for Houston Nutt at Ole Miss instead of the Arkansas Razorbacks?

I could possibly understand if Nutt went to Fla or LSU or maybe even Tennessee....but Ole Miss???

12. CP

CP Well-Known Member

SA
    “I haven’t talked to Coach [Bobby ] Petrino yet, but I think I owe it to the fans and the university to come up there and check it out again,” Tatum said.

Tatum, son...you don't owe us fans a thing and we need no favors from you or your like...period. We are riding on a new ship now.

Just take your "two star" butt to Old Pizz...cause your main concern should be..."Coach P would have pulled my "offer" any way"....:wink:

Hope he "pulls" your visit also...:razz:

13. millennium man

Amen! If you're not commited to being a Razorback then good luck where ever you decide to go.

14. millennium man

On another note I don't think Mitch Mustain was ever committed to playing for the hogs, his on and off relationship I feel cost the University in recruiting other quarterbacks. I don't think he will ever start a game for USC. JMO

15. CP

CP Well-Known Member

SA
    You can't really be serious...right.:rolleyes:

16. millennium man

I would bet on it. Way to much talent in the USC camp for him to see the field. When your recruiting policy is to only recruit blue chip athletes it is not like he will be competing against Casey dick etc. The word is he is already behind the Sanchez kid for next year.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2008
  17. yjjeeper

yjjeeper Well-Known Member

lost
    I don't think that is necessarily so. If Nutt was an employee of the University at the time he recieved them, he was acting as an agent of the University and the tapes would not be his personal property.

It seems his cell phone and e-mail accounts were deemed to be public information since they could be requested through the FOI act.

18. millennium man

It depends! For example When a physician works in a medical office he is a represenative of that office but when Pharmaceutical Reps bring samples of medications and he signs for them they belong to the physician he can give them to patients, take them home whatever they belong to him not the clinic.

19. CP

CP Well-Known Member

SA
    His cell phone that he used to text and make calls was the "property" of the University, not Nutt...which made it a public entity concern.

Try a FOI on the postal system deliveries...:rolleyes:

The USPS or UPS is not in that property use class.

IF the mail item has only Nutts name on it ...it belongs to him.(same as his orders from BPS)

20. jerry dean

Who is Mitch Mustain?:confused: