Nutrisystem

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Guitarzan, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Guitarzan

Guitarzan Well-Known Member

Has anyone ever tried Nutrisystem?

I been reading about it and it sounds like it would be good to try. It rounds out to $11 per day, and the foods look pretty good to me.

Any opinions, or experience?

2. Guitarzan

The more I research it, I am forming the opinion that if I just ate three Lean Cuisine dinners a day, or Healthy Choice or whatever and a few healthy snacks it would be the same thing?

3. neotoxo

neotoxo Super Member<br>'08 Smackdown Team Winner

In the end...your going to have to stop the Nutri-System/Whatever else programs and then you really have to watch yourself or the weight comes back...

Bottom line....it is a numbers game...for men your caloric intake needs to be
    to be your weight in lbs. Xs 110 calories.

I.E. if you wish to weigh 200 lbs then your daily maintenance caloric intake
    should be in the range of 2200 calories...that is if your relatively active but
    not a couch potato or marathon runner...maintenance calories for the extremes
    are going to be less or more...

Eat 3500 calories a day without working it off and you will eventually be 350 lbs...

Been there and back again several times...still haven't masterd it but trying...good luck

4. dsmtuner1

dsmtuner1 Well-Known Member

save your money. The food taste similar to a cardboard box. My wife had $250 worth of it. Ate a few of them never touched it. Tried to give the stuff away!!!!!! and couldn't do it. Ended up trashing it all.

5. Arktiger86

Arktiger86 Well-Known Member

You're not far off with that, depending on the snacks you choose. I have a buddy that has tried it and as far as the nutritional facts are concerned the meals do match pretty well with lean cuisine meals.

6. Guitarzan

That's what I was thinking. Im doing the Lean Cuisine thing now and have lost a few pounds. I did break down last night and went to Sonic and got a foot long and fries. I gotta quit that! :smack: