Number of Stands

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by cuppinducks, Dec 13, 2012.

1. cuppinducks

cuppinducks Well-Known Member

How many stands do you have up? Do you hunt your land, lease land, or public land?

2. miketyson26

miketyson26 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Public land 90% of the time. I have 2 stands up right now. I always want at least 2. In the past I have done as many as 4. I used to use the large buddy type stands because of the comfort and room to move. Now I am using the really light weight single man ladders because I can move them and set them up by myself.

Miketyson26 :flag:

3. tyhunter23

tyhunter23 Well-Known Member

I hunt two leases one being a gun lease and all other methods, the other a bow only lease and some famliy land. On my gun lease I have one box stand and a couple lock-on up. My bow lease is all climber put I did buy another lock-on for to put up next year. And famliy land is all climber and ground blind. I have couple cheap climber in my storage room just in case I want to hunt public land.

4. BowHunter21

BowHunter21 Select Member<br>2015-16 Deer Hunting Contest Winn

Sheridan
    on one lease we have 14 stands.. that's between me, my dad, n brother we all hunt em (I'm talkin lean-ups, box stands, and lock-ons)
    on another lease I have 3 stands (we can only have 2 permanent stands and 1 temporary stand).... they keep me busy in the summer months thats for sure!! :thumb:

5. mikebri

mikebri Well-Known Member

5 stands and 6 pop-up blinds. Hunt on leased land

6. deltabowhunter

deltabowhunter Well-Known Member

12 stands and 1 blind. I have 3 stands and another blind sitting in my shed that aren't out right now. That's a total of 17 fixed stands. Of course 5 of those are just sticks and a Millennium receiver. That's between a lease in Cleveland County, my land at home, a lease in Grant County, and a lease in Jefferson County.

7. SwampCat

SwampCat Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

19 and one pop up blind. Private and public. Hunt more out of a climber than the fixed stands.

8. Arkiehunter74

Arkiehunter74 Well-Known Member

For my wife and I, we hunt some owned land plus two leases. Five box stands, two two-man stands, three lean-to's, one tripod, two pop-up blinds, two climbers and four lock-ons. With all that, I still find myself just raking back some leaves and sticking some holly limbs into the ground to make some cover next to a big tree.

9. y hunt

y hunt Super Moderator Staff Member

Man that is why I can't kill a deer. I do not have enough stands.

10. Blyon

Blyon Well-Known Member

4 box 3 lean up and a lock on on private land 8 box 5 lean up and 9 lock on on lease. No I do not hunt all of them.

11. shotgun wg

shotgun wg Well-Known Member

Me neither. Unless u count 5 gal buckets. And I ain't claiming the rotten ones. For me I have 2 Permanent ladder stands and my wheeler and a 5gal bucket that's mobile.

12. keeb

keeb Well-Known Member

Lease land and I have 5 up and a couple spots I hunt on the ground.

2 lock on
    1 ladder
    1 box blind
    1 ground blind

13. I hunt my own land. I have 1 ladder stand, 1 ground blind, and 1 hunting "shed".

14. 1....summit viper......hunt a lot of public land........4 2-man stands at the camp and 1 blind for hunting with the kids....

15. Nat1

Nat1 Well-Known Member

Mostly public land,1 climber 1 hang on.

16. BIG JIM

BIG JIM Select Member<br>Ol Eagle Eye

I have 3 Summit climbers and hunt public land probably 60% and have a 230 acre lease I hunt the rest of the time. I have 2 box stands on the lease that I mostly use with my kids.

17. d.bobo

d.bobo Well-Known Member

hope
    I have 3 stands 1 on my land and 2 on a lease .

18. yellowlab

yellowlab Well-Known Member

5 stands on 150 acres, prolly closer to 20+ on our 1000 acres, all kinds of stands

19. BIG DOG

BIG DOG Member-2018 Spring Team Turkey Contest Winner

5 ladder stands 2 box stands on leased land, the ladders will come down this weekend as they will be cutting timber if they havent started already