NRA, What did they mean?

Discussion in 'News and Politics' started by mwmwbm, Dec 18, 2012.

1. mwmwbm

mwmwbm Well-Known Member

this is from their press release today. What do they mean?

2. shotgun wg

shotgun wg Well-Known Member

From the way I take it they are not jumping up and down just yet. They intend to wait until the shock is over and the families have a chance to grieve before speaking up. As far as their donations that is anyone's guess. I don't see them supporting any ban of any kind.

Calm minds not cluttered in the heat of the moment make far more convincing arguments.

3. flintknapper

flintknapper Moderator/smokepole pimp

This statement is wise. Unfortunately, our government leaders are willing to spew forth in the heat of the moment to garner votes.

It appears the NRA is acting wisely, lets see what they come up with given time to think.

4. mwmwbm

mwmwbm Well-Known Member

They said "meaningfull contributions to help make sure this never happens again."

5. chuckwagon

chuckwagon Well-Known Member

Be friday before they can get enough lube to bend over.

6. mwmwbm

mwmwbm Well-Known Member

you're missing my question. what do they mean by the statement

7. mwmwbm

mwmwbm Well-Known Member

so you think it means they are giving in?

8. chuckwagon

chuckwagon Well-Known Member

Sadly.. yes i do

9. flintknapper

flintknapper Moderator/smokepole pimp

Just like you, I'm wondering what their "meaningful contribution" will be. By delaying their response, they are letting the situation cool down just a little, and they're buying time to plan an intelligent response. The delay seems like a great idea to me, I just hope they're coming up with some proposal that will help keep the liberals at bay without kicking our 2nd amendment to the curb.

I think they are waiting to see what the left is putting on the table and planning a counter-attack. I hope.

10. Damascus-Doug

Damascus-Doug Well-Known Member

I think they are waiting to see what the anti's are gping to come up with before the give an official response. They are not going to give in to gun control but are going to wait until all the reports are out and then going to protect the second amendment.

11. mwmwbm

mwmwbm Well-Known Member

I agree with what you're saying. I am curious what folks think about what it means. Me? I have no idea.

12. mwmwbm

mwmwbm Well-Known Member

so you think they are "lying" about "meaningful contributions"

13. Damascus-Doug

I HOPE that that they are taking this time to see what has happenend and then come up with an answer. This situation has hit real close to home because my oldest son is in the autistic spectrom disorder and him and and I have had several discussions about what has happened. He can not undersand why anyone would be willing to kill someone. He has said that everyone needs to grow and there is no reason to hurt someone. This is the true feelings from an autistic child. He has even said that if people want to hurt others that they are acting on how they are raised. He told me that it makes him sad that people would want to kill people because he only wants to get people to be his friend. He even said that if hateful people want to act on hateful things that there is nothing anyone can do. I hate that people are going to judge people like my son because of what has happened.

14. alexanderg23

alexanderg23 Well-Known Member

NWA
    This ain't checkers it's chess, and the NRA knows exactly what to do, they have the foresight to plan for these things. And really if ever gun owner and people that support the 2A were a member of the NRA and second amendment foundation, the gun control debate would be OVER. Sadly only 4 million of the 100 million gun owners are members. You can post all you want and B and moan all you want and buy all the guns and ammo, but until you put your money where you mouth is and contribute to the most powerful organization that is always attempting to defend our rights, you really aren't helping the fight to keep our most basic human right.

15. 4hunting

4hunting Well-Known Member

Some "meaningful contributions" I think they could make right off the bat is to make sure that the people know that there is a ton of gun laws on the books right now that will work only if they were enforced by the regulatory agency in charge, the goverment, and more laws made by the same goverment not to be enforced either are in vain.

16. Damascus-Doug

I HOPE hat that they do not go after special needs children. My oldest loves to shot guns but when asked about hunting an animal he has no desire. He loves to sit at the bench and shot the target but when asked about hunting he will tell you that he has no reason to shot an animal. He says that his daddy and lil brother does that but he does not want to hurt anything. I shot a doe this year with him on the back of the wheeler and he was so upset that I trully felt bad. He love punching holes in paper but if he had to kill something for food he would not do it. He will tell you that his daddy and brother do that but he will not. I wish he would hunt with me but he does not have it in him to harm anything. The news has tried to make it sound like autistic people are agressive but having been around my sone and 3 of my cousins, they all do not want to hurt anything.

17. mwmwbm

mwmwbm Well-Known Member

Doug,
    I have thought of you during this time. you have mentioned your son before. I dont think this situation should reflect on those in that spectrum. I think it reflects on a parents lack of acknowledge when child takes a bad turn (he was known to have issues not just autistic issues). I hope all parents (myself included) can learn for this to keep our eyes on the kids objectively.

18. I commend the NRA for laying low and not jumping on tv or the internet like the liberals did within hours of the murders. They showed more respect to the victims than the anti's

19. mwmwbm

mwmwbm Well-Known Member

yeah, what do you think they mean???

20. Timd1978

Timd1978 Well-Known Member

My oldest daughter has autism and she is so nice a sweet that she would never hurt anyone. She is very loving and loves to joke, give hugs, and has never met a stranger (she is very highly functioning). I would hate for someone to get the idea that autism means aggressive as it most certainly doesn't.