NRA Prepares for 2013 Battles

Discussion in 'News and Politics' started by CBD, Dec 23, 2012.

1. CBD

CBD Well-Known Member

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_new...epares-for-2013-battles?lite&ocid=msnhp&pos=1

"Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., the author of the 1994 ban on certain types of semiautomatic firearms which expired in 2004, has announced that she will introduce new legislation early next year. Semiautomatic firearms, including semiautomatic weapons sometimes called “assault weapons,” fire one round per pull of the trigger.
    Her bill would outlaw more than 100 specifically-named firearms as well as certain semiautomatic rifles, handguns and shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds".

I'm afraid it's going to be the toughest battle yet. Those behind the anti-gun agenda will play on the emotions of people all they can and with the help from the liberal media, showing pictures constantly of the little children, it may "turn" a lot of people this time.

2. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

NE Ark

What a lot of people don't realize is that some of the guns named are not considered by most gun owners to be "Assault Weapons". These include your common deer hunting rifles such as the Browning BAR and Remington 742/7400 series of semi auto's, and even the Ruger 10/22. Some of the previous legislation has also named the Remington 1100/1187 seiies of shotguns and the Browning A5 series of shotguns as assault weapons. Most people think of assault rifles as AK's and AR's, the anti libitards think anything besides a 1780's musket is an assault weapon.

All the soccer moms want is those evil assault weapons banned, they don't care if it's an AR, an A5 or a 10/22, they just care what it is. If it's on the "list" that some uneducated DimocRAT comes up with it's an assault weapon as far as they are concerned.

3. News Flash

All Weapons are assault weapons. If I assault you with a weapon it's then an assault weapon (a weapon used for assault). So EBR's are not the only assault weapons. The list must include anything capable of firing a projectile. Also making the list must be baseball bats, hockey sticks, kitchen knives, kitchen chairs, pool cues, bar stools, steel pipes, high heeled shoes, chain saws, automobiles, 2x4's, tire irons, and let's not forget rocks (re: Cane and Able).

4. Buckrub

Buckrub Well-Known Member

Conway
    If they are going to make laws, then they are going to have to have a consensus legal definition of things. That might prove impossible.

If they outlaw a brand name and a model (e.g., Bushmaster AR-15), then that manufacturer can just call it another model name (e.g. PQ-102).

If they outlaw categories (Pistol grips, magazines above X rounds, etc), then they're going to get into trouble that they probably can't get out of.

I fear that the split among us is coming, and way sooner than I thought.

5. jimmyh

jimmyh Well-Known Member

Wonder if the proposed ban is for future sales only or will it include the one's we already have?

6. Buckrub

Buckrub Well-Known Member

Conway
    Future manufacturing and sales.

7. Texan44

Texan44 Well-Known Member

My dad always told me that theres gonna be another Civil War someday!

8. I hope it is a big list.

Even many gun guys see no need for an AR or similar weapon........ almost every gun guy wants an A5 or SBE type shotgun on some level. 10/22 is one of the most beloved guns of all time.

Overreaching is the best thing that can happen IMO.........

9. The US was born in violence, she gorged on violence, and she will die in violence. Hopefully a few financiers go with her........