Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a couple of purchases in mind..... with the political winds being as they are I have an EBR or two in mind.

Nothing just real dramatic.... but depending on the election results, my choices may change!!!

What I keep asking myself is this... Should I go ahead and do what I plan to do now or wait and see how this tricky election is going to turn out???

McCain is not a real stalwart "gun man" himself, but NObama is vehemently anti-... as evidenced by his VP pick!!!

I wonder how prices are going to be effected up to and including after the election. I can't see prices being any better after the election regardless of who wins! My fear is that McCain may curry votes by approving limited legislation that I don't get down with. Hence, the whole supply-demand issue!! And if for some un-Christian reason (and that is what it will be) NObama gets elected... then the price wars will go silly!!!

Any opinions??

I've had one of the Tantal Polish AK-74's in mind. More because of ammo prices than anything else... 5.45x39 is readily available at a much lower price than .223/5.56! That and I kinda want another AK in the stable!
The other is to go ahead and break down and buy the SOCOM-16 I've always wanted... OR... the DSA-FAL!!!

I know the SOCOM is more accurate, but I have wanted an FAL since the African Bush-Wars of the late 70's!!! You know the whole "Wild Geese" thing!! A TRUE FN-FAL is beyond any dreams I may ever have... so the DSA will have to suffice. There are other options in an FAL available, but if I drop the $$$'s I want a good, reliable and as accurate as possible FAL. Some of the Hesse and others just ain't that!!!

I can't have 'em all.... so every day I struggle with how bad I want to melt my credit card!!!!

Just food-for-thought, but what are ya'lls EBR plans???

·
Premium Member
11,478 Posts
I got one AR running and another stripped lower in the safe, but I wonder if I need to do more. Ammo scares me as much as the availability and price of guns, I've GOT a few guns (never enough) but I wonder how long I'll be able to feed them if ammo gets legislated out of existence or afordability?

I think I may need an AK to go with the AR's, you know, just in case. :whistle:

·
Administrator
90,592 Posts
Do it the AH.net way...... Get 'em ALL!!!! :thumb:

Man, you have some tough decisions. I've always wanted an FAL, that's just one that I've never gotten around to. DSA's are top of the line, you won't go wrong if you get one of them. Same with the AK74. Since I have an AK47 and a stack of cases of ammo, that's just another one that would be nice, but I've just not really ever gotten around to it. Then, those SOCOM 16's are NICE!!!!!, but also $$$$$!! I used to have a M1A and sold it about 15 years ago when I thought I needed something else. There aren't many guns that I have sold over the years that I wish I had back, but the M1A is one I wish I had back.

Right now, I really have no plans at all for anything new, even if Nobummer does get elected, which it is looking like... :down:

·
Registered
11,495 Posts
I feel like the closer it gets to "D-Day" prices may start to go up, but I also don't think anything too drastic will happen until after the next President is sworn in. Even then I don't think that any legislation will take place within their first 100 days. With all that being said I would probably go ahead and get what I want now if you have the means to. I know that I have been trying to buy some of the things that I want just in case the worst imaginable scenario happens. :thumb:

·
Administrator
90,592 Posts
I feel like the closer it gets to "D-Day" prices may start to go up,
I'd almost bet that if Nobummer gets elected, on November 5th, it would be good to own a guns shop that stocked evil stuff.

I feel that prices will rise after the election if he gets it. Also, I feel that there will be a run on everything "evil". That reminds me that I DO need to order another LPK for my last stripped lower.

·
Premium Member
11,478 Posts
Don't forget Mini-14's. Mine are at least as accurate as any AK I've ever shot. Also if you standarize on caliber it may make feeding the beasts easier. JMO :flag:
Seems like I've got three, potentially four that eat .223, including one tired mini-14. That round seemed like a good idea at the time, now it's one of the hardest to get calibers and nearly the most expensive :smack:

But like Mr. C is advocating, I've got multiple cans 'o powder, and thousands of primers laid by. I just haven't had much luck with the bullets, everybody's out! Who would have ever thought that lead would become such a precious comodity? We may have to find substitutes, or try alchemy in reverse....the hottest raffle item at the black powder shoot was a 58 lb. lead ingot! :cool:

Somebody on here suggested Wal-Mart parking lot at night, a five gallon bucket, and a pair of pliers, just go harvesting wheel weights! I hope it don't come to that.

If it comes to it, I can cast bullets for the muzzle-stuffers, and I've got a fair supply of black powder and some sharp flints....

·
Premium Member
11,478 Posts
Got to looking around this morning for deals on AR magazines and found this:

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/AR_15_M16_Magazines.html

I've done bidness with AIM surplus before, they were good to me. $9.95 for the C-products aluminum 30 rounders with the newest Magpul followers is a deal. You WON'T be seeing these prices after the election!

They also had AK's with two 30-round mags, oiler, bayonet, and "stuff" for $399.95, that's another winner you won't see after Novembuary.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
AK for the win!! I'm in the process of building a couple AR's right now...one is going to be an SBR with a suppressor and the other an all-around 16". But I'm moving the AK build to the front burner. Ammo is the main reason. 7.62x39 just so happens to be the most plentiful caliber IN THE WORLD! When all hell breaks loose, 7.62x39 will still be around to be gotten. Not to mention, you can GUARANTEE any kind of AW ban coming out of DC will certainly effect AK's...

·
Registered
898 Posts
I've been in the ammo stock pile mode for the better part of this year. Prices keep going up. My advice, buy it now if you can. Prices will not go down.

I've got around 10K rounds of centerfire in all of the calibers I have in the gun safe. Mainly .223, 30,06, 12 guage buckshot. I also have almost 15K in .22 rounds.

This fever has stalled out the new gun purchase for sure. But, I feel a lot better knowing I can feed the ones I have. I would agree that buying "evil" items will be good financial investments for the future.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've been in the same mode for over a year and half. Every single payday I buy or order ammo of some kind for every gun I own and others that I don't.... but WILL!!!

The AK-74 is almost a guaranteed buy!!! I found one place that had 21,600 rds for $2600 shipped!!! Now.... I do not need or even want to buy 21k rounds at a time.... but it is there and ready to go! That is nice....I can't say that about .223!! It took me 6.6 months to get a single thousand!

The SOCOM v. DSA debate may continue for a bit!!! I really want BOTH!!! Not gonna happen though!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.