Nova Pump Recoil Reducer

Discussion in 'Guns, Ammunition, and Reloading' started by possum, Dec 3, 2012.

1. possum

possum Well-Known Member

2. Hill Farm Hunter

Hill Farm Hunter Well-Known Member

Possum the link didn't work for me.
    I put a limbsaver recoil pad on mine and it helped a LOT.

3. possum

possum Well-Known Member

Tried one of them and just didn't care for the feel or the added length.

4. 10pointman

10pointman Moderator Staff Member

Ive heard they work good but never tried one.you could try 2.75 shells.that might help.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

5. possum

possum Well-Known Member

The short loads work fine when dove hunting and I've shot turkey loads out of it and it ain't real bad....the steel shot kicks my :censored:, I haven't considered running a 3.5 through it.

I figured or was hoping some of the big time duck hunters would know.

6. Hill Farm Hunter

Hill Farm Hunter Well-Known Member

Didn't notice mine adding any length, but if you didn't like it, it ain't the cure for you.

7. Earnhardt fan #1

Earnhardt fan #1 Premium Member<br>2012 Turkey Hunting Contest Winn

Roberts gun works or something like that in Batesville have him lengthen the forcing cone ....helped me out

8. .375H&H

.375H&H Well-Known Member

Back in 2002 I bought a Nova and all I was using was 3.5 shells. After the first morning duck hunt I could not lift my right arm. Went to Fort Thompsons and asked a friend what I could do. He put one of those tubes in the stock (recoil reducer) and I can shoot 3.5's all day now. I can shoot 2 3/4 with one hand. Yes they do work and yes they are worth every dime. If people don't think they work then why did Benelli do something similar with the Super Nova ?

9. possum

possum Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the help. I think I may have to get one unless I can talk my son into trading me his new Beretta A400 and I don't see that happening.

10. .375H&H

I have a black Super Nova that I'm gonna sell. I bought it a few years ago for clients to use hunting. It's had maybe a box of shells through it. I don't know what they cost new now but I would sell it much cheaper. PM me if you care.

11. BowHunter21

BowHunter21 Select Member<br>2015-16 Deer Hunting Contest Winn

Sheridan
    My super nova don't really kick enough to add a recoil reducer to it.. does yalls??? :dontknow:

12. .375H&H

He was talking about a NOVA not the Super Nova. My super does not kick at all (they already put a recoil reducer in it).

13. BowHunter21

BowHunter21 Select Member<br>2015-16 Deer Hunting Contest Winn

Sheridan
    haha shows how much I know.. :thumb:

14. possum

possum Well-Known Member

No, I'm talking about the Super Nove....so it's got the recoil reducer in it already? Like I said above Dove loads are great, Turkey loads ain't bad but the Duck loads kick my :censored:. I recently bought it from my son and Dove hunted with it this year and it was great, but have only shot the other loads at paper and it seems worse than my old Mossberg 500. Maybe it's the steel shot, longer barrel or a combination of that and other things....it just seems bad.

15. 10pointman

It could be that you are a........................Well you get the idea. LOL:biggrin:

16. possum

possum Well-Known Member

Don't think that's the problem. I did have that shoulder operated on a couple of years ago and haven't been able to get the muscle mass back in it like I had before....wonder if that could be contributing to some of the problem?

17. 10pointman

I remember you having surgury,Just razzin ya Possum.:biggrin:

18. possum

possum Well-Known Member

I know....hey, I could always try the hip fire method. :thumb:

19. possum

possum Well-Known Member

I must have been mistaken. Took this thing on a hunt this morning and it don't kick at all, however I stink at shooting it....for now.

20. johnf

johnf Well-Known Member

I got the simms recoil pad for mine. It really take the stings out of it.