Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Member<br>2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, im working up here and decided to go to a wma up here and you wouldnt believe how wonderful the gandfish lay out there hunting grounds, boy the rubs up here are HUGE like bulls with antlers. ridges and bottoms divided by corn and milo fields with drains and tall grass in the middle with all the snow we went looking for sheds but didnt find any, i will post some pics tomorrow, if im not here next fall ill make a trip to bowhunt up here next year..invade someone elses state for a change..i must say we are more hospitable than most states to out of state hunters.......maybe ought to look out for arkansas more than the traveling hunters

·
Registered
9,849 Posts
We turkey hunted some private land in North Central, MO a few years ago and heard some good things about the WMA's in the area while we were there but we never got the chance to check them out. From the maps and booklets we picked up they looked like they should have some good hunting though.

·
Registered
13,204 Posts
I used to pheasant hunt with my dad in south Iowa literally on the MO border. There is a ton of game around there. MO is awfully proud of their turkey licenses, but they've got to one of the best deals going for out-of-state deer hunters.

·
Registered
164 Posts
well, im working up here and decided to go to a wma up here and you wouldnt believe how wonderful the gandfish lay out there hunting grounds, boy the rubs up here are HUGE like bulls with antlers. ridges and bottoms divided by corn and milo fields with drains and tall grass in the middle with all the snow we went looking for sheds but didnt find any, i will post some pics tomorrow, if im not here next fall ill make a trip to bowhunt up here next year..invade someone elses state for a change..i must say we are more hospitable than most states to out of state hunters.......maybe ought to look out for arkansas more than the traveling hunters
Which WMA? A buddy of mine went to a place called Brickyard WMA or something like that. He had a great time and killed a decent buck.

·
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
re

platte falls conservation area in 1/4acre we found over a hundred rubs not to mention that deer are easy to trail in 8inches of snow:thumb:

·
Registered
347 Posts
hobbshunter

Did you hunt around Mt Ayer by any chance. That is where we use to go. The place we go now is unmatched anywhere. Regent, ND.

·
Registered
13,204 Posts
Did you hunt around Mt Ayer by any chance. That is where we use to go. The place we go now is unmatched anywhere. Regent, ND.
Actually, that's exactly where we'd go. My dad had been going there forever. He became friends with one of the farmers there back in the days when you'd go knock on doors and get permission to hunt. We'd go stay at his house. It's nice country up there. The birds just got worse and worse though.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Killed a nice Tom at Platte Falls when I lived up around KC. Had a doe run right through the archery range while we were shooting one day and also called up a bobcat while turkey hunting. Abundant game in that area.

·
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
north mo.

i thought it was awesome, i got there too late but saw ton of turkeys, went shed hunting but zeroed, i think that they were still wearing them. planning bow hunting trip next year or after may go to illinois. havent made up my mind. i hunt all public no guides, i take my fifth wheel and a bunch of stands and stay a week or so then back to ar to hunt rest of season.:thumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts