Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Elite Member<br>2015-16 Bow Hunting Contest Winner
21,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
they're just not a good team - not bad individual, but they're not gelling and playing team ball. Losing to SC and Georgia ? Those game had to be wins with what we've got ocming up. We'll be lucky to reach 20 wins, more like 17-18 tops

just realistic after analyzing the fist 4 games :frown:

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I'm glad you started the tread because I thought about the same thing but just didn't have it in me to be the one to start it. The Big Dance has 65 teams that play but we all know that some of them should not be there and there is always some bubble teams that should but don't get a chance. With that said, the Hogs are in a death spiral to not make it for sure unless their strategy is to get hot at the end of the season. Right now they seem to be inconsistent and not playing any defense on the parameter. These teams with less skilled players (on paper- stats) are killing us with 3 pt shots and they are playing as a "team" where we look like guys down at the local gym at times. Right now I would say the Hogs are a top 50 team but if they are going to the Dance they have to win the rest at home and split on the road to have a chance. I turned the channel to the Barret-Jackson Car Auction and enjoyed that a lot more than seeing the Hog's turn it over every other time they got the ball. I had to read it in the paper this morning and saw where we were beat like a drum.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I'll wait and see also.
Didn't like last night at all!!!!
Weems passing up shots and not trying to get open, what's up?
Thomas a power forward driving to the basket and turning the ball over!
The team on defense not moving their feet.
Hill trying to tip the ball out instead of grabing the rebound. Last I looked he was a 7 footer?
Makes you wonder if the coach ripped some folks after the SC loss and they are being crybabies or if there are other problems?
Pel seems fired up and into the games, pretty sad team effort for a TV game!

·
Select Member<br>2010-11 Deer Hunting Contest Winn
3,594 Posts
Pelf. is a good coach. But these are not really "his" players, and that is how they play.

Maybe he needs to find a way to have a GUT workout with his team again like he did in the pre-season tourney (the 110 degree gym and bear crawls....and practice).

But those boys need to play ball - they have played some good ball this season - and then played badly the last two games. But they have to PLAY BALL.

I really don't care what their problem is. I don't believe it is the coach -

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Pelf. is a good coach. But these are not really "his" players, and that is how they play.

I really don't care what their problem is. I don't believe it is the coach -
Yea. Your feeling me.:biggrin: I think we will have to wait a year or two and then we will start seeing a team that will be playing basketball like we want to see. Not a team that stands around on D and a team that can't seem to function when they are slowed down by the other team. Best games so far have been against teams that do not slow down their tempo although we did get blown out by OU in the last 4 minutes.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
After the Baylor game I thought we had turned the corner. Patrick Beverly appeared to be the leader even though he was a Sophomore. Then we went to Auburn who has a short starting 5 and we hung on at the end as they jacked up 3 pointers that were not challenged but did not fall. Against 'Bama we looked good but should not have had to go to OT. Boom. Something happened and the team just looks like zombies. Patrick Beverly does not look like he has that extra spark. Hill looks like he wants to be somewhere else. Thomas and Washington look OK and Ervin wants to get it go'n but the rest are not picking up. We need someone to establish themselves as the team leader and I think it's got to be Beverly. When he is cooking, the rest of the team follows. Again just my MHO.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I think we play Tennessee in Knoxville Saturday don't we? That is going to be a tough game even if we play like we did against Baylor. Hogs play like the last 2 games and it ain't going to be pretty. It's gut check time. If they want to get to the Big Dance they can start getting their shoes shined in Knoxville.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I checked and it is LSU. If we don't win that game you can fagetabout the NCAA :smack: LSU is horrible this year. I don't think they will beat anybody in the SEC.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts