No Mojo at all....EVER.

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by Skillet, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Skillet

Skillet Well-Known Member

It's just that simple. Don't take them with you and you can eliminate that from the equation. And you just might learn how to hunt; or at least, become a better hunter.

I know....it's a radical new concept to duck hunting, but sometimes you have to try something different. :thumb:

2. Rebel

Rebel Well-Known Member

So , what exactly is a mojo?

3. sprtsmn001

sprtsmn001 Well-Known Member

A spinning wing decoy that some people like to bi:censored: about all the time. :fit:

4. Rebel

Rebel Well-Known Member

I know , I was being fecetious.

5. Skillet

Skillet Well-Known Member

Spinners are welfare for duck hunters. You know, welfare, that thing that the working class of America ***** about.

6. backstraps

backstraps Well-Known Member

Its just a tool. If it helps me kill ducks I'll put 50 of them out. Been hunting since I was six and can hunt with the best of them. If you want to be a purist go back to the old school waders, ditch the boat and 4 wheeler, and hop in a canoe, also get rid of the modern shotgun, gore tex, any poly or acrylic calls, carver your decoys, etc....

Some days I use a robo amd some days I don't.

7. In2Fowl

In2Fowl Well-Known Member

Well said :clap:

8. qwack smacker 1on1

qwack smacker 1on1 Well-Known Member

well said--- it ant about being the best its about providing food for the table in my mind

9. keeb

keeb Well-Known Member

I agree. It's about having a good time. It's hard to have a good time any more with people complaining about this and giving their opinion about that. Some days we use the mojos and some days we don't. We move them from here to there to see if that helps them bring em in. We do the same thing with decoys.

10. Midnight Rider

Midnight Rider Well-Known Member

I can think of a lot of cheaper meat than duck if providing food is why you go.

11. duinbb

duinbb Well-Known Member

BB
    Good thing it's not about being the best..... :clap:

Cause if you have to use one to outsmart a bird with a brain the size of a marble you obviously are not the best.....! :fit:

12. snydedawg

snydedawg Well-Known Member

Here we go again............ same :censored:.... different day!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2010
  13. zpenter

zpenter Well-Known Member

robos use them or not to use them i say this if you have the money and buy one use the dang thang and if you dont use it its up to you not the other guy next to your hole :cool:

14. qwack smacker 1on1

and that is your thought and it dont mean to me

15. shotgun wg

shotgun wg Well-Known Member

I tried mojo and mojo feeder didn't help. Tried more deeks less deeks didn't help. Tried getting somebody to call for me that knew what they were doing didn't help. Tried 2 people to help call that knew what they were doing didn't help. Tried not calling at all or just a little didn't help. If ur not where they wanna be they aren't gonna come no matter what u try. Bad thing is I can see where they wanna be but it's on someone elses property. Oh well maybe one day just gotta keep trying.

16. bloody acorns

bloody acorns Well-Known Member

An Idea

Hey - why dont all of you mojo haters leave the decoys at home period. I have hunted ducks the last 30 years and spent many a day killing ducks in the tiimber with no decoys at all - just hug a tree and blow a call. You guys seem to like to brag about your prowness as duck hunters so you should not have a problem at all getting your limit. Dont even think about putting out a jerk string - once you master this you can leave the call and home - and master the art of calling with your mouth - :clap:

You mojo haters amaze me - the things work some days and some days they dont - give it a rest -

17. qwack smacker 1on1

thats your thought and it dont mean to me:thumb:

18. qwack smacker 1on1

and you sound like a rebuilt dirty-max:fit::fit::fit::fit:

19. halfcocked

halfcocked Well-Known Member

X2 If you aren't where they want to be it doen't really matter if you blow a DFB or a RNT. It doesn't matter if you use 10 mojos or no mojos. It doesn't matter if you have have 27 callers and 3 jerk strings or 1 caller and no jerk strings. You gotta be where the ducks are. If this wasn't the case you could kill ducks hunting beside your swimming pool.:up:

20. qwack smacker 1on1

so the floter in the pool dont work:pout: