No luck on the varmint call.

Discussion in 'Predators, Varmints, and Hogs' started by Rebel, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Rebel

Rebel Well-Known Member

Made an attempt at calling up a critter this evening. No luck but I know they are there from game cam pics and the pile of coyote crap in my pile of rice bran. I did have some squirrels barking in the distance and progressed towards me but didnt see anything. Got dark on me though. Any suggestions or advice?

2. btech29

btech29 Platnium Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>Stud Duck

I tried one stand tonite too. Sometimes its just tough. Aint no rhyme nor reason to those suckers.

3. SR4

SR4 Super Member<br>'07/'08 Bowhunting Contest Team Wi

I had a yote come thru this evening on the bow stand. He only got within about 75 yards. I tried a squeeker but he wouldn't have anything to do with it. Maybe next time.

4. juma01

juma01 Active Member

I think that they are still full of mice, at least in my area. I almost sat down on a snake monday so if they are still out I'm sure rodents are easy catching too. Seems like I have more luck with a howl than anything else but I'm new at this.

5. cacheman

cacheman Well-Known Member

I've never seen a coyote, or have pictures on a game cam, but at night it sounds like there are lots of them around. Is there a good chance to get one in with a decoy and a mechanical call, just because they are in the area. I've never coyote hunted before, but want to try, especially since we are having a slow year for ducks.

6. i made 3 stands today and nothing. a coon did make the mistake of coming by me though