Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,199 Posts
Checked the web site and it says I have a doe tag for Zone 3. Have not gotten any type of notification yet though.

Well I guess I know what that means, I'll shoot a doe with my bow in early October and then won't want to use the quota permit come gun season. I still think the quota permits should be a bonus deer. I'm not griping, it just seems to work out that way for me. Bow or gun, there will be a tasty doe in the freezer this year.:thumb:

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
... I still think the quota permits should be a bonus deer. ...
Why do you think that? The zone doe quota permits are a management tool designed to control the doe harvest in areas where control is necessary. The intention is to prevent the over-harvest of does like we had during the Durham years. The very reason that necessitates the zone doe quota permits excludes them being a bonus deer. In a way, if you don't participate in archery hunting, getting a zone doe quota permit is getting a bonus deer.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
We hit the jackpot this year. The wife was drawn for a doe permit in zone 3. I was drawn for a doe permit in zone 3, ML hunt in Trusten Holder, and gun hunt in Camp Robinson SUA. Hopefully we will be successful in all this year.
Sportsmanetc

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
You have to give the guys at the AGFC a big round of :clap:. I emailed them my situation about not getting a permit for 5 years. Well, now I have all 3 plus my doe tag for Zone 11. It's nice to know they are here for us.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.