No Hunters Ed Card Ticket?

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by gracie82, Dec 14, 2010.

1. gracie82

gracie82 Well-Known Member

NWA
    How much is a ticket for not having a hunters ed card?

2. It was 125 or 150 when I got one about 8 years ago

3. ArkArcher

ArkArcher Moderator Staff Member

A lot more than the $5 or $10 or whatever it costs to get a replacement card if one is lost. :biggrin:

Honestly though, I don't know. I don't guess I know anyone that has gotten a ticket for not having their hunter ed card.

4. pearlsnaps

pearlsnaps Well-Known Member

i can gaurantee it is a lot more than the $5 to get a new one at the AGFC headquarters. i think you can get a new card online for free. I didn't think they even give your license to you now without the Hunters Ed card.

5. alexanderg23

alexanderg23 Well-Known Member

NWA
    I haven't carried one since I was 13 or so. Think I've had 3 or 4 warnings though

6. btech29

btech29 Platnium Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>Stud Duck

Ive got checked one time. I didnt have my card. He just called and checked that I had one. No problem.

7. OuachitaMtnMan

OuachitaMtnMan Well-Known Member

Arkansas
    A friend of mine got one a few years ago while we were hunting together. He had taken the class as a kid in California but had lost it. He was able to take proof of having his card before the ticket to the judge and the fine was dropped.

8. x2

9. 03.05 HUNTER EDUCATION CERTIFICATE REQUIREMENTS. It shall
    04-07 be unlawful for any person with a birth date later than December 31, 1968, to hunt, take, or attempt to take wildlife by use of a killing device prior to successful completion of an approved Hunter Education training course, or fail to have on the person valid proof of Hunter Education certification.
    EXCEPTION:
    (1) Persons under 16 years of age hunting under direct supervision of an adult at least 21 years of age.
    (2) Persons possessing a current valid hunting license/permit displaying the dealer imprinted code DHE (Ref: 01.00C, Deferred Hunter Education). Requirements for a person to be eligible to hunt with DHE coded licenses/permits are as follows:
    ● Be at least 16 years of age and born after December 31, 1968 and not hunter education certified.
    ● Be in the immediate presence of an adult hunter who is at least 21 years of age and possesses valid hunter education certification, or who was born on or before December 31, 1968.
    ● Can only acquire a DHE validated hunting license/permit once in a lifetime.
    ● Not eligible if convicted/forfeited bond for prior violation of Commission Regulation 03.05, Hunter Education Certification Requirements or under Commission sanctioned hunting privilege revocations.
    PENALTY: $50.00 to $250.00.

10. Bowman

Bowman Well-Known Member

NEA
    Never been asked for one and never seen anyone ask for one..

11. pruitt76

pruitt76 Well-Known Member

I've only been asked for mine once, by Crazy Joe Davola (or at least that's what we call him). :fit: Luckily I had had it on me.

12. HANDGUNNER

HANDGUNNER Well-Known Member

It's $5 to get one replaced..just got mine replaced about 2 months ago.....I am not required to carry one, as I was born long before 1968..........

Online replacement cost is still $5........you print out a form, and mail it with a check or MO for $5, slap a stamp on it, and mail it, so it actually costs ya just under $5.50......

Never been asked for one when I have been checked by a WO, and when I bought my Lic. this year, was never asked if I had a HE card either.........

13. The only time I've ever been asked was while purchasing my license.

14. Hunters Ed is a JOKE. If you are under 21 then fine, go take it, but I am 33 years old and have been hunting for over 10 years. I dont think I should have to take it. Stupid. The questions they ask and the stuff that are on test are stupid. A 10 yr old could ace it, and it dont teach you anything you dont already know. Waste of time.

15. HANDGUNNER

HANDGUNNER Well-Known Member

All I can say is......don't try to go to Colorado or other western states to hunt then, cause you won't get a license out there to hunt without an HE card.......

I went through the class with my 2 sons, close to 30 years ago, was good for the kids, can't say I learned anything, but was thinking one day I might go West to hunt and would need it, so I took it!

16. JohnnieWalker

JohnnieWalker Well-Known Member

I took mine in 1994 and I'll never in my life forget this one question in particular:

When you kill a deer you immediately
    a) fill out your tag and attach it to the deer.
    b) take pictures with the deer.
    c) start cleaning the deer.
    d) drive around town with the deer on the hood of your truck.

That was the question for real. I'm not joking. That was 16 years ago and I still remember how ridiculous I thought that question was when I was 14. But, I've never gotten a ticket for an untagged deer. :biggrin:

17. fullcredit

fullcredit Super Moderator Staff Member

In my opinion.....even though it IS the law for some to have it, if you are required to legally have it to hunt and someone sells you a license without asking for proof of hunter's ed, they sold you a license to break the law. I know of some wildlife officers who will not write a ticket for no H.E. card because of that. It should be no H.E., no license, unless it will pull up and print on the license when the license is sold.

18. Hudge

Hudge Well-Known Member

My cousin got a $250 fine last deer season and lost all hunting rights until he could retake the hunters ed class. This is all for not having a card on him. Lucky for him, the ticket was thrown out the GW gave him as he was born in 1968. 1 year before it was mandatory to take the class. He has had Hunter's Ed though, as we all took it together as a kid (well he was a teenager at the time).

19. alexanderg23

alexanderg23 Well-Known Member

NWA
    I wonder if the recent "right to hunt" bill will effect anything, could at least be a good challenge to a ticket...

20. Swamper-AR

Swamper-AR Well-Known Member

This is what happened to me. Seems like everytime I've been asked for my HE card since then. Almost like they know what happened. I like the idea behind HE but am sick of gov harrassing people over every little thing.