No deer today

Discussion in 'General Hunting Topics' started by TGORE, Dec 18, 2010.

1. TGORE

TGORE New Member

Hunted all day did not see a deer. had 580 pic. on camera all at night. This sucks.:banghead:

2. woodsnwater

woodsnwater Well-Known Member

Your not alone.. Me either..:frown:

3. possum

possum Moderator<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting Contest Winner<b

I think I'm pretty much done, take ALL my tags and burn them. Use this time to get an early start on preparations for Turkey season and next deer season. :banghead:

4. SLAYER

SLAYER Well-Known Member

Seen over 20 all does so I shot one

5. possum

Here's the thing, there ain't supposed to be no turkeys....right? I've seen more Turkeys the last few days than I have deer.

Turkeys - 7
    Deer - 0

6. I hate to say this. But this thread is making me feel better. I thought I was the only one. It sucks to be us. :banghead:

7. THExONE

THExONE Moderator<br>Deer Hunting<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting

I was going to go sit from noon till dark tomorrow bit after reading this I dunno.

8. jwalker

jwalker Well-Known Member

New moon deer will move tommorrow

9. woodsnwater

woodsnwater Well-Known Member

Yea, LOL... I think I am gonna camp on Wattensaw the last week of December if it all pans out. I wish the bayou was up. I would fish early and late evenings, then hunt mid day. Right now you can walk across Bayou of Wattensaw. I really wish river would have come up. Deer was so scattered out. They are starting to group back up now.

10. Randallc

Randallc Active Member

They are staying in the dark in western Arkansas also, even in the thickest of the pine plantation thickets. 4 cameras out, no daytime deer this week.

11. SR4

SR4 Super Member<br>'07/'08 Bowhunting Contest Team Wi

I hunted this afternoon. Saw several does, one decent 8pt (couldnt get a shot on him) shot a doe. Had alot of daytime pics, several from 2 til dark last few days. Very few morning pics. Gonna go again tomorrow and try and shoot another one. Its meat killing time!

12. dayton

dayton Well-Known Member

i saw 6 doe and 1 buck and thats it!:censored:

13. Arkiehunter74

Arkiehunter74 Member<br>2011 Turkey Contest Winner<br>2015 Sprin

I have been seeing a crapload of turkeys. there is 7 big gobblers coming by every morning I hunt one stand. The oddest thing is that Wednesday morning (December 15th) they were gobbling. Cold as heck out there and they gobbled back and forth for thirty minutes. then a bobcat came by and they shut up. I have never heard that in December.

14. 25/06

25/06 Well-Known Member

I saw 8 deer yesterday morning but they were all at my BIL's stand up the highline from me. My son would have been there but opted to sleep in. So yesterday evening I went there instead. Set till I couldnt see thru my scope and didnt see a single deer.:banghead:

15. Bigpappi63

Bigpappi63 Well-Known Member

I hear ya TGORE. 6&48 has been pretty frustrating this year. Ha

16. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator

NE Ark
    Better go out and look up... looks just about full to me. :biggrin:

17. possum

I think he meant from about midnight until about 5am. :biggrin:

18. demented

demented Well-Known Member

They're not moving around here either. First two weeks I averaged at least 12-15 by noon, now its all day and nada!