Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Moderator<br>Deer Hunting<br>Trail Cameras<br>'07
7,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bg12'sdad, and MOhunter joined me and Ryno for the youth opener. we went to a place that dad heard some birds early in the week. got to the spot we would listen from about 30 minutes before light. a lil after daylight 2 birds started gobbling about 7 or 800 yards away. we thought we had some closer, but they never made a peep. finally went after the other 2. set up on a good gobbling tom, about 200 yards away. he answered good, but would not budge. finally, MOhunter got my attention, and said he was still on the roost! it was well after 7. he could see him limbhopping and gobbling. i thought he was on the ground going back and forth, but he would gobble facing away from us, and sound farther away. then he saw some hens fly down and go to him. they took him the other way. i had to be at work at 930, so we had to slip out and leave. Ryno had a blast, and got to hear some fine calling and real good gobbling. they are gonna take him back in the morning and try again. BG12

·
Moderator<br>Deer Hunting<br>Trail Cameras<br>'07
7,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
naw, but he found a feather on the way out, that was worth it for him:thumb: BG12

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Boy if ryno could have got him, papaw wouldn't have had to walk out he would have been floatin on cloud 9.

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,030 Posts
I told Iris that when I first started turkey hunting, I went four or five times before I got to shoot my first turkey...she said "that's alright dad...I love you"! That was good enough for me! When the water goes back down and the birds return...I'm gonna take her again, she may hafta miss a day of school. But we know her teacher won't mind:biggrin: Sounds like you had a good time anyway, BG, papaws got good instincts for findin turkeys, no?:thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts