Nikon rifle scopes are no more

Discussion in 'Reviews-Products/Gear/Guides/Outfitters' started by timekiller, Jul 23, 2020.

1. timekiller

timekiller Well-Known Member

NEA
    PSA- in case you’re in the market for a new rifle scope, you might want to know that Nikon has quit the scope business.

I just sent one in for warranty work/repair. They can’t or won’t fix it and are offering me a voucher that is only good on nikonusa website. Since they aren’t selling scopes, the warranty is no good. I guess I can pick up some binos or a range finder as a consolation.

The rep I spoke to said they quit making scopes in November of 2019 based on “a marketing decision”. My guess is they’ve gone the way of Dick’s Sporting Goods and caved to the gun grabbers.

2. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

NE Ark
    R6mm likes this.

3. timekiller

timekiller Well-Known Member

NEA
    Thanks. Guess I’m way behind. Glad I haven’t bought one recently.

4. ray porter

ray porter Well-Known Member

east ar
    there is plenty still out there being sold.

5. Biggars

Biggars Well-Known Member

Looked high and low for rimfire3-9x40. Couldnt find one anywhere around here. Ended up with a 4-12. Little big for 22 imo but it seems to work ok

6. Hivernan

Hivernan Well-Known Member

Anyone have any Monarchs in good shape they want to sell me?

KemperCamper and Saltydog like this.
  7. Punkinseed

Punkinseed Well-Known Member

Se ark
    I put a 4x12 on my last .22 and I really like the extra magnification

jackie53 likes this.
  8. jackie53

jackie53 Well-Known Member

2nd the 4x12....

9. DonniePowell

DonniePowell Well-Known Member

Ozarks
    I have been mostly a Leupold man for a long time. A few years back I thought maybe I should try some others. I bought a Nikon 2-7 and put it on an AR. Totally happy with it. Now that they’re outta business I wouldn’t buy one.

TJKRide likes this.
  10. Buckrub

Buckrub Well-Known Member

Conway
    Only one I ever had was the Aetec. I didn't care for it. I've fallen for the Leupold VXr. But that's because I'm old and the little red dot helps my eyes a lot. I haven't missed since I got one of those on my guns. I hope cataract surgery in September fixes things.

I also tried one of their rangefinders, but it can't hold a candle to my Leica.

11. DonniePowell

DonniePowell Well-Known Member

Ozarks
    IMO, you can’t beat a Leupold. I have them from a 1x to 36x.

RAZ, Buckrub and jackie53 like this.
  12. vinco

vinco Well-Known Member

Aetec is a Simmons. I'm not a Simmons fan.

Leica makes great surveying instruments also, and they do make rifle scopes - EXPENSIVE rifle scopes!

13. rdhubba

rdhubba Well-Known Member

It's a bummer I like my Nikon's. I have prostaff 5 with custom turret for my 6.5 creed a Monarch on another 6.5 and a prostaff rimfire on my 22 that I have yet to sight in. Hate to see them go.