Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Taxidermist did a great job, that’s an excellent mount, at least from the pic. I’m surprised no one has heard more about that buck, he’s amazing. Usually when a buck like that is killed, everyone hears about it, because everyone knows he’s around. Did he kill it with a guide?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’m almost certain he wasn’t using a guide. As far as how he displayed it on his tailgate, he used a bracket he had made that slid into his receiver hitch, I think. I watched him hang it on there but I honestly can remember exactly how it went together. Here’s the Buck prior to being mounted...
Plant Hunting Tree Natural environment Hat

·
Premium Member
23,143 Posts
Yeah I mean I guess it could be a ML buck, but shorts and tennis shoes? No orange? I’m betting there’s a lot more to this story that involves $$ and fences.
Are the temps different in high fence? I figured winter came for the whole state of Kansas at the same time. Every big deer on here is poached 🙄. This is the reason no one ever post crap. Lots of jealousy running around.

·
Registered
5,549 Posts
Are the temps different in high fence? I figured winter came for the whole state of Kansas at the same time. Every big deer on here is poached . This is the reason no one ever post crap. Lots of jealousy running around.
Did anyone assume this buck was poached? I am happy for the dude, and who wouldn’t be jelly. K-MO may be right, might have been MZ season since it is in Sept.

But hard to believe that is the first week of December Gun hunt.

·
Premium Member
23,143 Posts
Did anyone assume this buck was poached? I am happy for the dude, and who wouldn’t be jelly. K-MO may be right, might have been MZ season since it is in Sept.

But hard to believe that is the first week of December Gun hunt.
No one on this particular thread but it always happens. I would think the leaves would be gone as well, but regardless how it was killed it’s a great buck. Sept or November it makes no difference ifs a great buck.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Are the temps different in high fence? I figured winter came for the whole state of Kansas at the same time. Every big deer on here is poached 🙄. This is the reason no one ever post crap. Lots of jealousy running around.
No, just the open rifle season. See, rifle season in Kansas is in Nov. and like everywhere else, well, in the Northern hemisphere of planet Earth, Nov isn’t the time of year for green trees. Now, see if you can follow my logic here, since the only place where you can kill monster bucks with a rifle during hot weather in Kansas is behind a fence, that’s what kinda makes me say 🤔? They do have an early ML season, but even that is normally a little chilly for shorts and tennis shoes, but maybe he’s just extremely warm natured.

·
Registered
22,790 Posts
Kansas deer rifle is normally like first 10 days of December give/take

The above buck has extreme mass which is always what fenced bucks have ... its also a guy early season with shorts which is indicative of fenced hunts.

only the hunter really knows I suppose - something doesn't look right though

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
In posting a pic of this Buck, I, in no way meant to create speculations of impropriety and untruth. Just wanted to share the magnificence of this Buck which the deer deserves. I’m old enough and experienced enough to have known better. Just shared the story as it was told to me...take it anyway you want to.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts