Nice day on the Little Maumelle River

Discussion in 'Trail Cams and Photography' started by js05_14, Dec 2, 2012.

1. js05_14

js05_14 Well-Known Member

I decided that today would be a nice day to get out and enjoy the mild temperature. I took the weekend off from deer hunting since I have been under the weather this week. I was originally going to run up to Harris Brake to boat around and check things out but I waited too late in the day to make it worth the trip. I still wanted to get out with the boat so the wife and I went to the Little Maumelle River instead. We put in at the I-430 ramp and went upriver towards the state park. The river was a couple of feet low so we were finding every stump in the river. This turned the whole trip into a slow scenic ride. I decided to snap a few pics with my iPhone and thought I would share.

[​IMG]
    There was quite a bit of live stock and horses hanging out at the waters edge today
    [​IMG]
    Here is Pinnacle Mountain just after we crossed into the state park
    [​IMG]
    Another one of Pinnacle. You can just see the top of the mountain over the trees
    [​IMG]
    My favorite photo from today. Just some nicely lit cypress trees back in the state park area
    [​IMG]
    And finally, a beaver swimming off as we motored by him. It looked like him and some others had been chewing on the bases of almost all the cypress trees back there

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  2. js05_14

js05_14 Well-Known Member

The photobucket uploads aren't doing the pictures justice. It's hard to see now that the photos are on the computer but the lighting was really nice for some of these photos.