Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas, going on my first turkey hunt this spring with a buddy in South Arkansas. Need some advice. I am an avid deer hunter and do a little duck hunting, however, when it comes to Turkey hunting I'm coming in blind.

Camo? I'm thinking leafy suit. Should I go more natural bark or green for spring in southern Arkansas? Boots? Need rubber, going to be doing lots of walking. Any suggestions on comfortable ones out there? Anything else is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Leaf camo and whatever boots you prefer will be fine. If your "buddy" plans to let you hunt with him, you'll benefit from purchasing and reading this text before your hunt: [ame]http://www.amazon.com/A-Fork-Road-Tom-Kelly/dp/1561422118[/ame]
Given the late opener, there's plenty of time.

Good luck!

R2G

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Briefly:

Go with someone who knows what they're doing if possible, it will shave years off your learning-curve timeline.

Also, don't move...in more ways than one...but you'll figure it out one day .

·
Premium Member
17,819 Posts
Hey fellas, going on my first turkey hunt this spring with a buddy in South Arkansas. Need some advice. I am an avid deer hunter and do a little duck hunting, however, when it comes to Turkey hunting I'm coming in blind.

Camo? I'm thinking leafy suit. Should I go more natural bark or green for spring in southern Arkansas? Boots? Need rubber, going to be doing lots of walking. Any suggestions on comfortable ones out there? Anything else is appreciated.
Don't over think the camo and boot thing. Just cover up, especially your face. Those leafy suits are a pain in the butt if you walk through brush.

Wear whatever boots are comfortable.

Learn to sit still and don't over call.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I like a leafy suit in certain setting out west it's great but plan ol camo is good
Be still if you must move only move a 1/4 inch and stop then a 1/4 inch and stop
Cover your face at all times ol Tom will see your face for sure good luck

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.