New Years Resolutions .... whats yours ?

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by stealthycat, Jan 1, 2008.

1. stealthycat

stealthycat Elite Member<br>2015-16 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

I had knee surgery on Friday, so mine is complete rehab, and being in super shape come September when my 2008 elk hunt is planned.

I'm going to not drink any Cokes or Soda's until my birthday, July 6th

I'm going to lift weights or carido every day this year with a goal of being in excellent shape. I would LOVE to drop below 10% body fat

I'm going to read the Bible more

I'm going to take my boy and girl hunting and fishing more, they're old enough now to want to.
    [/LIST]

2. snydedawg

snydedawg Well-Known Member

More time outdoors with my kids........

Less time worried about work......

More excercise.........

Less DCB and smokey-treats!!!

More fishing...........

Less stress.......

More smiles........

Less frowns.....

3. Down on the White

Down on the White Well-Known Member

I do not want to start this year on a bad note but I am going to ask the wife for a divorce. Pray for this family. The children are grown so it will not be as hard but devorce is never fun even on the best days. DW:frown:

4. Mule man

Mule man Well-Known Member

Down, that's what I call a change! Be sure---very sure. It can not be taken back.

Hunt more

Work less

Lose weight

Oh well 2 out of three's not bad :wink:

5. Down on the White

I understand what you are saying but things for the most part has changed also I realize that I am 50% of the problem I am not laying blame I need out that is all.:frown: DW

6. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

Prayers goin out right now DW......

7. Down on the White

Thank You John I really accept that and probably need it. DW

8. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator

NE Ark
    Wow, man. Good words there from MM. Hope everything works out for you.

Myself, I really need to trim back. I'm going to try to start walking every day. I have a close friend that walks 2 miles a day and has really trimmed up. No change in diet, just walking. I need to dedicate about 45 minutes a day to that, and get my fat tail off the computer for a few minutes.

I was notified yesterday that I have been accepted for a promotion. Right now, I am outside working about 90% of the time. This job will put me 100% behind a desk 12 hours a day. That's why I will need to start cutting back. My wife and I are really looking forward to the change. I think we'll have a lot more time together.

Other than that, I'm gonna continuing to enjoy life.

9. Down on the White

Man I hope everything goes good for you, but about me I am no longer afraid which is the worst thing. Been divorced one time before from the same woman. I do love her with all my heart but we have changed since the death of our daughter years ago. I want a decient life that is all I do not want too be rich or anything just want to live my days whatever is left in peace. In short I have done my time. DW

10. flydown

flydown Well-Known Member

Beebe
    I believe that I am a decent father, an okay husband and a poor christian.
    My resolution is to work to be a better christian and the other two will fall in place.

All my other shortcomings will be taken care of then so I don't need to make any other resolutions.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2008
  11. Sylamore

Sylamore Super Moderator Staff Member

Congratulations on the Promotion!

I am going to keep doing the retirement thing....
    Hunt and Fish every chance I get....
    Drive up to Calico Rock, ARG&F Regional Office and buy my 65 Plus license....
    Just kick back and enjoy the forum.

Happy New Year!
    :thumb:

12. Bologna Gravy

Bologna Gravy Well-Known Member

resolution

I resolve to be a doer, not merely a complainer.

BG

13. hillbillychaffeehunter

hillbillychaffeehunter Super Member<br>2009 Photo Contest Winner<br>2012-

To shut my mouth and listen more!

14. rgwill

rgwill Well-Known Member

I just pray for a better 2008 than the last two years....

My wife and I have already started out wrong though...I have started the new year with a very bad head cold and my wife may have some serious lung problems. We have an appointment at 9:30 tomorrow to see a lung doctor in North Little Rock.

I have been without income for two years, but i am suppose to get my first check the second week of this month so that is a pray answered already.

All i want is my wife to get her health back and not have lung cancer or something that can't be took care of. She is truely the best part of me and my life would be incomplete without her...

15. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

Lord, this is a prayer in itself, a voice crying out in the wilderness, an unselfish plea, and a confession.....I add my voice with rg's, humbly I confess my insignifigance, my weakness, yet together with rg, we ask this prayer; reach down with healing power, touch her in Your Way, accordingly to Your Will.....in JESUS Name.....amen.

16. My resolution is to Love the Lord more and to be more Christ like. Studying His word and putting my faith more in Him than in myself or Man. To pray more consistantly, and to talk to the Lord more.

17. BuzzBait

BuzzBait Well-Known Member

My New Years Resolution.......Not to make a New Years Resoultion...:smack: :wink:

18. I hope she doesnt read your posts:smack:

19. Down on the White

I looked her straight in the eye. The news so far is she said she does not want it. I told her the truth it is the finances nothing more. I will give anything I have just help me a little. It is all that I ask. She is at the doctors right now waiting to hear what is going on.

20. Well we all have to make our own decisions and this is yours. If you ain't happy then do what you must. But a marriage is two people not just one and it takes the two to make it work. If one person is not in it then it will fail.

Good luck with your issue and I hope it works out for both of you.