New Years Day Meal

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by Polywog, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Just wondering if everyone has their hog jowl, black eyed peas and cabbage or turnip greens ready for tomorrows meal??

Our noon meal tomorrow will consist of: hog jowl, black eyed peas. turnip greens, cornbread, fried taters (with onion on the side) and a big ole glass of iced tea..:up:

2. SR4

SR4 Super Member<br>'07/'08 Bowhunting Contest Team Wi

We got the goods at our house. Gonna spend the day trying to kill some yotes and then come home and eat good!:thumb: I enjoy the new years meal more than I do Thanksgiving or Christmas. I'm ready!

3. Same here.. Just a laid back good ole fashion home cooked meal..:up:

4. papagg2

papagg2 Well-Known Member

Amen brother, sounds like a King's meal to me. :up:

5. 7 point

7 point Well-Known Member

Pretty much the same here,cept this year I got a stomach bug and none of that sounds too good to me right now.:banghead:

6. coonnutz

coonnutz Well-Known Member

Tonight is going to be a smorgasbord of snacks and finger foods, and tomorrow's meal will consist of black eyed peas and hog jowl:up:

7. 7 point

Man u gotta have some turnip greens and cornbread in there.

8. arkansasdave

arkansasdave Member<br>2017 Spring Turkey Contest Team Winner

I always have the peas, but have to pass on the cabbage and greens!

9. Juice

Juice Well-Known Member

That's what the cabbage and greens are for.....to help you pass!:fit:

Eat green to keep you clean.

10. natestep

natestep Well-Known Member

Gonna start out the day with a father-son breakfast. Then we are off on a big rabbit hunt. Go to the in-laws for a spread of the New Years meal of the jowl, blackeyed peas and the works.

11. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator Staff Member

NE Ark
    Hamburger and kettle chips for my lunch tomorrow. :biggrin:

12. Rebel

Rebel Well-Known Member

I think I am going to smoke a brisket and some cabbage. Never tried the smoked cabbage before but I love cabbage so it has to be good.

13. fairweatherhunter

fairweatherhunter Well-Known Member

My wife fried some jowls this morning for breakfast, will have the rest of them tomorrow for lunch.:eating:

14. 7 point

I hope everyone made it thru last nights New Years Eve unscathed. I started feelimg better yesterday so I started soaking my peas and I'm fixing to put them on for lunch. Our New Years day Lunch will be Hoppin John's Black Eyed Peas, Sliced Red Tomatoes,Corn Bread and a Big Ole glass of Tea:biggrin:. I don't think my stomach can handle the greens yet so I'll just skip out on being blesed for money this year.:smack:

15. Glad to hear your feeling better.. I'll eat some extra greens for ya.. Some of that cornbread soaked in pea juice (that don't sound right) will help settle your stomach I'll bet..:up:

16. 7 point

Thanks Poly after 2 days of nothing but chicken broth and crackers I;m ready for some soul food. Now if you eat those greens and come into some extra money this year you're gonna share with me right?:biggrin:

17. Sylamore

Sylamore Super Moderator Staff Member

18. BDW

BDW Premium Member<br>Merganser Slayer<br>2011 Turkey

Sing it, soul sister!!!! That sounds goooooooood!!!! :thumb::eating:

19. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator Staff Member

NE Ark
    Burgers are on the grill. 3 pounds of lean ground beef = 4 burgers. :biggrin:

20. Gemini2281

Gemini2281 Moderator<br>Help Forum<br>

I am so jealous right now...

I have a grappling tournament coming up so my diet consists of water, baked chicken, and salad.