New Water Hole:

Discussion in 'Habitat Management' started by John Stiles, Dec 23, 2010.

1. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

Got tired of the old layout, so I dug a new water hole adjacent to my food plot!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  2. John Stiles

Now for some well needed rain!:pray:

3. HANDGUNNER

HANDGUNNER Well-Known Member

I was wondering where the water was there Mr John???!!:whistle:

Maybe next year we'll get that rain we've needed all year!!!

4. shotgun wg

shotgun wg Well-Known Member

Kinda short on water right now I would think. Looks like it's deep enuff if u get hot workin on plots it will double as swimming hole

5. John Stiles

When my horses are in that pasture during the summer...they'll spend some hot summer days down there....it's about the coolest temperature wise part of this whole dang farm.:razz::up:

6. John Stiles

There used to be a spring right there, about 3'deep and 10' around....the aqufer got so low this last year that it dried up....all that tan looking stuff is clay....and the bowl is now packed tight....need to make a buncha trips cross the levee....tractor and 4wheeler are the only vehicles that aren't too wide.:up:

7. Swamper-AR

Swamper-AR Well-Known Member

Did you build that with that tractor?

8. John Stiles

:fit::fit::fit::fit: Yep!:thumb:

9. John Stiles

I'll take some pics of my big pond if you like.....you won't believe the power of that little tractor....compare it to ants in an anthill.....that'll start you thinkin.:up:

10. Swamper-AR

Hopefully this rain will put the water in the hole. Can't wait for daylight to see if mine has come up. Not much deeper that a mud puddle for the last couple months. I wonder if there is any fish left.:frown:

11. John Stiles

All my fish died....this ain't enuff rain for a military bath.:razz: Just right to keep me off my stand though.:doh:

12. Swamper-AR

We've got a little water running off. Been a while since I heard that squish sound when walking.