Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to get a new gun this year. I was thinking about a super Vinci then a friend of mine told me to check out the stoeger. It's half the price of the Vinci, anybody have one or know anything about them?

· Registered
2,394 Posts
I bought a Browning Maxus about 1 1/2 years ago to replace a Remington 11-87 Turkey Special. I believe the Browning saying "...the best there is..." is accurate. Browning just came out with a new recoil operated hump back auto in addition to the gas operated Maxus. Steve/"Dermott"

· Registered
9,322 Posts
I shoot a browning maxus and it was the first maxus Rob Roberts had ever worked on. I don't know what he would say now if you asked, but he and I have discussed it at length on several occasions and he has told me more than once that the gun that consistently through the best patterns is the Winchester x3 with a 26" barrel. The maxus is basically the same gun and shot just as good a pattern according to him and they are light and so is the recoil. I had him jerk to cone out of mine and do a trigger job on it as well. The trigger is now as nice as the trigger on my rifle!

· Registered
2,545 Posts
My turkey gun cost me less than 150 bucks, its a single shot New England 3.5" twelve with screw chokes. Yeah it kicks a bit but is light weight, easy to carry and is just as deadly as any shotgun, even those costing ten times as much.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.